Anyone watching Gangland on tv?

This is a discussion on Anyone watching Gangland on tv? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Don't know how old/new the show is but I just started watching it. It is a series that shows the life of different gangs all ...

Thread: Anyone watching Gangland on tv?

Anyone watching Gangland on tv?

Don't know how old/new the show is but I just started watching it. It is a series that shows the life of different gangs all over the place. I wanted to post this under a different foum but had a feeling it would get moved here. I think if you have not sceen it,it would be worth while to learn from it. All I can think of is all the out there have no idea what is really going on out there!
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

2. Remove Ads

I watch it and never knew how many gangs there really are,it seems like there are thousands with only one goal to break the law,Then if they get sent to prison they still operate while inside the walls,I feel that there is only one way to eradicate the gang problem but were too humane to do it,but we will put a rabid dog down in a heart beat
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I watch it and never knew how many gangs there really are,it seems like there are thousands with only one goal to break the law,Then if they get sent to prison they still operate while inside the walls,I feel that there is only one way to eradicate the gang problem but were too humane to do it,but we will put a rabid dog down in a heart beat
    I hear you! The will never learn that these thugs are EXACTLY like the terminator 'Listen, and understand. That THUG is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!' Prison or the thought of death does nothing to stop them. I like to say if you are infested with rats you don't tame them or try to get along with them. You call the exterminator and get rid of them!
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

VIP Member
    I saw as couple of shows yesterday: Gotti Boys and the Warlocks. The one with the Warlocks had an ATF agent that worked the group undercover and got made because he was carrying his badge while undercover.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.

Hate it

The show seems to elevate these thugs to an almost heroic icon status; the premise is bad it can not be healthy to glamourize this criminal subculture. Our awareness in order to defend ourselves against this subculture can not compare to the damage done by advertising this life style to our youth.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

i wish we could simply turn their complete eradication over to the military......one by one.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stormbringerr View Post
    i wish we could simply turn their complete eradication over to the military......one by one.
    Why let them have all the fun?
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

The sad thing is why they exist, and it’s only because we let them!

Couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity to discuss the Hells Angels episode w/a member. He stated that some of the story was exaggerated for TV and to not believe everything you see.
    So now I believe about 99% of it.

Links