December 21, 2012 - Page 2

December 21, 2012

This is a discussion on December 21, 2012 within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; That is our middle child's birthday. He will be 17 on Dec 21, 2012. He's pretty stoked that the world is supposed to end on ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    That is our middle child's birthday. He will be 17 on Dec 21, 2012. He's pretty stoked that the world is supposed to end on his birthday.

None of us buy into this bunk. It's all crap. As someone else said, if the Mayans were so good at predicting stuff, where are they now? They didn't see the Spaniards coming? They didn't see the effects of that?

Don't buy into the hype.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Senior Moderator
    I barely look further than a week ahead.
    Why would I look 4 years ahead?
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Administrator
    Big party at my house starting on the 20th.

Great Food - Great Drink - Great Music

Be there or be square.

Well, right at that time the Sun is going to rise and appear dead center in the Milky Way galaxy and probably nothing will happen except that the magnetic poles of the Earth are going to reverse. The N Pole will be the S Pole and ViceVersa.

So nothing more major predicted than gigantic monsoons - huge tidal waves - Earth-wide volcanoes - earthquakes - cataclysmic wildfires...hurricanes...massive tornado's an eclipse ~ but, you'll all be way too smashed to worry about it if you come to my party.

Administrator
    Google Search Precession of the Equinoxes
    every 26,000 years..........

and then everybody sing...This Is The Dawning Of The Age Of Aquarius.
    The Moon in the Seventh House...Jupiter aligned with Mars...

What? You folks wanna live forever?

The Mayans also say that by 2012; we will have gone beyond technology as we know it, we will have gone beyond time and money, and we will have entered the fifth dimension after passing through the fourth dimension.

Planet Earth and the Solar System will come into galactic synchronization with the rest of the Universe. Our DNA will be "upgraded" (or reprogrammed) from the centre of our galaxy. (Hunab Ku)

Oh brother, better get a black rifle or better yet a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range!
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

As I understand it, the prediction based on the end of the Mayan calendar is that the earth will end “as we know it”.

Personally I think it will happen. I think it will become a “self fulfilling prophecy”. It will happen because so many people expect it to happen that they will make it happen.

The real question is, what will “it” be?

The world “as we know it” could end in any number of ways.

Our financial system could collapse.

Global warming could cause drastic changes in the weather pattern (think the movie “The Day After Tomorrow”.

Our infrastructure (power, water, etc…) could fail due to terrorist activity.

Our available supply of oil could become unavailable due to unrest and war in the Middle East, resulting in lack of power and fuel for everyday life.

Our current Government could suspend the Constitution by imposing Martial Law due to terrorism and international unrest.

The “end of the world as we know it” could mean just about anything that changes our way of life. Heck, it could even be something good like a cure for cancer, which would certainly change the world for a LOT of people.

The mayans were actually pretty good when it came to celestially related stuff. Perhaps this marks some sort of galactic even (which is the most common theory). It doesnt mean anything bad is coming though. Could be something as simple as a comet passing by, or perhaps a blast of radiation imminent from the center of the universe in which would render all live in the solar system null.

Either way..... good money opportunity. Nostradamus and the Mayans both predicted it. Some evangelicals also seem to believe it to signal something.

We shall see.

My theory? The start of a new ice age. Some scientist have already said we are on the threshold of one. I truly believe we are indeed headed down that road and global warming is nothing but a natural cycle.

Why does the world have to end on my birthday can't they come up with another day i don't want to die on my birthday

Bryan A Dreyer
    Sgt USMC/US Army
    .45 ACP

Quote Originally Posted by Forscythe87 View Post
    My theory? The start of a new ice age.
    Al Gore is looking for you, he wants you to stop talking about a freezing cycle, it's killing his career .
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Google Search Precession of the Equinoxes
    every 26,000 years..........

and then everybody sing...This Is The Dawning Of The Age Of Aquarius.
    The Moon in the Seventh House...Jupiter aligned with Mars...

What? You folks wanna live forever?
    Only if it's the full version song, then you can count me in!
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

I think this also plays into the Planet X theory. Use your google fu! There are alot of believers! the anunaki, etc....

I have faith in only one book! Like my pastor says, "there is only one person in the last 2000 years that has made such a large impression on humanity." We all know who that is.

There is a book called "A history of the end of the world." It lists, quite hilariously, hundreds of predictions about the end of the world. Obviously none of them have come true yet. I'm not holding my breath.

They're battin' .000, gang. All of 'em.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

well at least they say the safest place to be is 10min south of me in Berea, KY ;)
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    Al Gore is looking for you, he wants you to stop talking about a freezing cycle, it's killing his career .
    Hey now...there's no such thing as Global Cooling...yet

Next thing you know, he'll be lobbying for higher taxes for users of hybrid vehicles for not helping rewarm the globe.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye72 View Post
    IIRC That date is the end of the Mayan calender.
    +1.
    Too bad the Mayans didn't live to see it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links