December 21, 2012

This is a discussion on December 21, 2012 within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; There is a website dedicated to this date. This date seems to be foretold in numerous writings, books and prophesies. It is the end of ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: December 21, 2012

December 21, 2012

There is a website dedicated to this date. This date seems to be foretold in numerous writings, books and prophesies. It is the end of days, antichrist appearance, etc..

I won't go into biblical talk on this but the reality is that there are many people that will take this much more seriously than they did the Y2K fears and I expect there will be riots, lost civility and worse.

That is less than 4 years away.

I am not a "doomsdayer" or a "survivalist" but has anyone given this some thought?
    Yoda, I am, yes.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I am not a "doomsdayer" or a "survivalist" but has anyone given this some thought?
    Yup, Dec. 22nd, 2012 is going to be a hoot. I bet there is going to be so much stuff on sale and the consignment counter at the gun store, I can't wait.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    There is a website dedicated to this date. This date seems to be foretold in numerous writings, books and prophesies. It is the end of days, antichrist appearance, etc..

I won't go into biblical talk on this but the reality is that there are many people that will take this much more seriously than they did the Y2K fears and I expect there will be riots, lost civility and worse.

Gee, I had this very same discussion today with a lady friend. I also mentioned the sky is falling Y2K...that even computer controlled aircraft were suppose to fall out of the sky.

No doubt...there will be a number of people that will play on these fears...for a buck for sure.

Rick

jfl
    Never heard of that ???
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

the supposed doomsday prediction of December 21, 2012 is reflected in the Mayan long calendar.

This calendar has predicted events before, however if you look into it the calendar doesn't give exact date or events. the events are so vague that any event could make the prophesies true.....

For me, I don't buy into it.
    I believe in gun control...... Thats why I use TWO hands.

IIRC That date is the end of the Mayan calender.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

I sold and installed over 50 hitches for the NYCTA and NYPD to move equipment trailers for Y2K. I hope they fall into the hype again. More $$ for me

Here's my thoughts on the matter. If the Mayans were so good at predicting events, why couldn't they foresee the demise of their people group at the hands of the conquistadors/ Europeans and the diseases that they carried? I would take that prediction with a very large grain of salt.

VIP Member
    I wonder how many cult followers are going to leave their "earthly containers?"
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

mkh
    Maybe we can convince the demoncrats to wait on the gun legislation since the world will be ending in less than 4 years.

I don't want to get into a biblical discussion on here but, no one knows the time besides one.

Regards,
    Read my story.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ed-1994-a.html

Pictures in page 5 & 6

I have heard of this actually. Given it some serious thought? Not particularly. Biblically speaking..........and historically speaking, it would appear that any time after the year 2000 was up for grabs as the day of reckoning or the end of the human race time line. The year of 2012 end times comes from the central American tribes such as the Aztecs. Nothing to do with the Bible and prophecy in my opinion. Y2K was a mere mark to take note of, and Biblically speaking...was a wound to the beast which has recovered. This subject is far too deep for this forum. The world over, different cultures, and different beliefs..........a majority of them point out, or have been mathematically proven to leave the years post 2000 up to conjecture and as unstable times into the future. My best advice.....live one day at a time, believe what you want to believe, and make your peace with whom you need to. Last I knew, an asteroid was supposed to destroy 1/3 of the world in September 2007. Believe in yourself, believe in the Bible, or believe in humanity and science. It won't make much difference......when our time has come, we're gone.

Well said Ram Rod.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    Hmmm...The world ending on Obama's watch...seems plausible. lol

I don't believe in that stuff. I follow Christianity, so like others won't get into it.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Don't think of the Mayan calendar as ending in 2012. Rather, think of it like the odometer in your car. When you hit 99,999 it rolls back to zero. So does the Mayan calendar.

Here is a website with a couple hundred predictions from over the centuries. All have been wrong (so far!).

http://www.bible.ca/pre-date-setters.htm
    Last edited by chenemf; January 19th, 2009 at 08:21 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links