How are you celebrating inauguration day?

This is a discussion on How are you celebrating inauguration day? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was planning on going to work today, but just couldn’t bring myself to face those exuberant that think Obama is the Christ, and believe ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How are you celebrating inauguration day?

I was planning on going to work today, but just couldn’t bring myself to face those exuberant that think Obama is the Christ, and believe that all guns are “evil”. I just couldn’t do it! So, I decided to take the day off.

I am planning on celebrating today by going into my basement and doing some ammo shopping and spending most of the day at the reloading bench. Will start off with loading some more 30-06, then do as much .40 and 9mm as I can. I will have a sore arm after today is over!

So how do you plan on celebrating this historic day?
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    I was planning on going to work today, but just couldn’t bring myself to face those exuberant that think Obama is the Christ, and believe that all guns are “evil”. I just couldn’t do it! So, I decided to take the day off.

I am planning on celebrating today by going into my basement and doing some ammo shopping and spending most of the day at the reloading bench. Will start off with loading some more 30-06, then do as much .40 and 9mm as I can. I will have a sore arm after today is over!

So how do you plan on celebrating this historic day?
    How I will celebrate:
    I'm going to jump up and down for joy, not for Obama's coming, but for Bush's leaving!

I know for a fact that there will dancing in the streets tonight here in Montpelier Vermont and I will be out there too probably smoking a cigar if anyone wants here wants to spot me.

I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

sss
    Joined the NRA about 5 minutes ago. That's the extent of my celebration on this inauguration day.

Quote Originally Posted by sss View Post
    Joined the NRA about 5 minutes ago. That's the extent of my celebration on this inauguration day.
    Thats a good idea! Its getting close to time for me to renew my membership as well, maybe I will do it a month early this year.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

I worked an off shift last night from 8-5 and feel pretty good actually. I may just have to head to the range today and generate some empty brass cases!

I will go to work, follow some of the alternative news from Newsbusters and ignore the libs at my office. I already renewed my membership to the NRA. I did that after the election. Remember that ML King was a Republican.
    Why Martin Luther King Was Republican - HUMAN EVENTS

NewsBusters.org | Exposing Liberal Media Bias

People like duisburg above are victims of BDS (Bush derangement syndrome)

Member Array airbornerangerboogie's Avatar
    Headed for the range...
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.” James Dean
    Phil (NRA Member and Vietnam Vet)
    ------------- My CCW ----------------
    No Guns Here Boss
    I gave them to the naked Pigmy's in New Guinea

I'm sure we'd all be out purchasing a gun if funds allowed. Since that is what I'd like to do, but cannot, I'll be doing my best to shape the future generation through homeschooling my two kiddos.

Today is not a celebration in any way. It is a sad day for our nation, compromised of many fools. Fools who cannot see past slanted media, Hollywood and the almighty dollar.
    "Let me control the textbooks, and I will control the state." - Adolf Hitler

Is it wrong to want to stay in bed with the sheets pulled over my head and just pretend this day isn't happening?

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duisburg View Post
    How I will celebrate:
    I'm going to jump up and down for joy, not for Obama's coming, but for Bush's leaving!
    Sure the storm is over the rain has stopped but now the flooding will begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Duisburg View Post

I know for a fact that there will dancing in the streets tonight here in Montpelier Vermont and I will be out there too probably smoking a cigar if anyone wants here wants to spot me.

One cannot effectively compare the the overzealous collection of individuals in Montpeculiar, VT (which is my native hometown) to anything approching the mainstream of the US. I still love the town but it has become a very strange place indeed. The Vermont I know and love is the land of dairy, maple sugar and deer hunting; how times have changed.

To the OP, right now I am doing my best to avoid the media All Obama all day radio and TV the media is a circus.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Member Array airbornerangerboogie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedaisy View Post
    I'm sure we'd all be out purchasing a gun if funds allowed. Since that is what I'd like to do, but cannot, I'll be doing my best to shape the future generation through homeschooling my two kiddos.

Today is not a celebration in any way. It is a sad day for our nation, compromised of many fools. Fools who cannot see past slanted media, Hollywood and the almighty dollar.
    On the upside maybe if we get the tax breaks and insentives the new Prez and Libby's are going on about, maybe then we'll be able to make those last minute purchases.
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.” James Dean
    Phil (NRA Member and Vietnam Vet)
    ------------- My CCW ----------------
    No Guns Here Boss
    I gave them to the naked Pigmy's in New Guinea

I'm staying home from work today, but not because of events in the Asylum on the Potomac.

We are in the middle of the worst winter storm in a decade. Roads are icy, lots of businesses and all schools are closed, and the wind and snow are getting worse. I guess we'll get our 'global warming' about the time my bailout check arrives.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Today, I will be observing our National Day of Mourning with a moment of silence at 12 Eastern.

The passing of Personal Responsibility, Capitalism, and Democracy is indeed a sad day.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Due to all the snow we got, Base was closed today. So I guess I'll just sit in the house and do anything but watch the news, or any TV program that depicts this day's events.
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I'm wearing black in remembrance of Liberty.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links