Palestine Going Downhill.....

Palestine Going Downhill.....

This is a discussion on Palestine Going Downhill..... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Looks like more trouble brewing over there. I give it 3 weeks before major combat OP's start again between the IDF and the Pali's. Full ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down Palestine Going Downhill.....

Looks like more trouble brewing over there. I give it 3 weeks before major combat OP's start again between the IDF and the Pali's.

Full Story, click below:
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060127/...inian_election

RAMALLAH, West Bank - Islamic militant Hamas' landslide victory in Palestinian elections unnerved the world Thursday, darkening prospects for Mideast peace and ending four decades of rule by the corruption-riddled
    Fatah Party.
    The parliamentary victory stunned even Hamas leaders, who mounted a well-organized campaign but have no experience in government. They offered to share power with President Mahmoud Abbas, the Fatah chief, who said he may go around the new government to talk peace with
    Israel.

Underscoring the tensions between the secular Fatah and fundamentalist Hamas, some 3,000 supporters of the militant group marched through Ramallah and raised their party's green flag over the Palestinian parliament. Fatah supporters tried to lower the banner. The two sides fought for about 30 minutes, throwing stones and breaking windows in the building..

Just for the record speaking as a teacher of both world and American history: Palestine never existed as a country. It was the equivalent of a COUNTY in the nation of Jordan. Witness the fact that almost all folks who claim to be Palestinian also hold Jordanian passports or nationality. But Palestine served as an effective rallying cry for Arabs in general. It has effectively taken on a life of it's own. Please no flames here...I mention is SOLELY for the historical note!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Administrator

Post Really Going To Be Trouble

I cannot envision how that situation is not going to boil over into pure unadulterated trouble.

I can't even imagine how anything good or positive can come out of the way things went down there right now.

What a total world mess that is going to turn into!

It's unavoidable.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    What's truly sad is the children learning how to throw rocks and kill each other, becoming another generation filled with hate. I wonder if any of them know why they hate each other? Put a bunch of babies in a crib together, they all go ga-ga over each other and play. They could care less if the other is Jew or Palestinian.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

The Israeli's have had enough to deal with over the past 50 years, now they got a terrorist government (worse than the one before) as their neighbor. That just so happens to be allies with Al-Quaeda and all those freaks.

I remember people going nuts when they built that wall, now Im sure Israel will be a little better off with it.
    Damn UN.

Pali's should learn not to bring rocks to a gun fight.

Assistant Administrator
    It is a depressing thought - the potential for more and worse hostilities.

I would like to be optimistic but nothing gives me any great hope for peaceful times ahead over there. In fact the near, middle and far east cumulatively will be a major force in terrestrial instability for the foreseable future IMO.

This news sure does not help!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Moderator
    It'll only get worse...

This does not bode well for anyone...
    noli nothis permittere te terere...

Lead Moderator
    But the odd thing is that all the monitoring groups said (from what I've seen in the news) that it was a "clean" election! Going to be VERY interesting over there!!!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle
    But the odd thing is that all the monitoring groups said (from what I've seen in the news) that it was a "clean" election! Going to be VERY interesting over there!!!

Yeah, about as clean as a NYC subway station restroom.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig229
    Yeah, about as clean as a NYC subway station restroom.
    Well time and history will tell! I think it's ironic...... We preach democracy, these folks have what appears to have a legal election (not a Chicago or South American one), and now we're pi$$ed because they didn't elect who we wanted!

One of those times when you don't know whether to laugh or cry.

On the down side, I see stories now with them saying they will NOT stop the violence. I was kind of hoping that when they got the power, they would use it wisely........ But this IS the Middle East!
    Rick

Senior Moderator
    On the down side, I see stories now with them saying they will NOT stop the violence. I was kind of hoping that when they got the power, they would use it wisely........ But this IS the Middle East!
    Yep.

No great expectations there...

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle

That's the reason Im pissed. Not because "my guy" didn't win.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig229
    That's the reason Im pissed. Not because "my guy" didn't win.
    Ahhh Ha! Now that we can agree on!!

(And SIGs, of course )
    Rick

Administrator

Wink

The Palestinians have Officially decided by a Democratic Election that the majority of them honestly desire to be affiliated with & treated as known terrorists.
    They have gone to the polls & cast their individual votes in favor of being known as a terrorist controlled country.
    Now, they can be blown up without any remorse...what's the problem?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links