Feeling like a creep

This is a discussion on Feeling like a creep within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I would buy a regular dremel. Don't mess with the pedipaw thing. Plus, you can use the regular one for other around the house stuff. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeling like a creep

I would buy a regular dremel. Don't mess with the pedipaw thing. Plus, you can use the regular one for other around the house stuff. Get the cordless one.

This website is the BEST for explaining how to dremel nails. I will NEVER go back to dog nail trimmers. Dremel is by far better. I have trained dogs for 35 years. My dog was worked with from birth by her breeder to have her feet worked with, but she just hates any type of messing with her feet. Some dogs you just cannot train it out of. SHe does not mind the dremel.

How to Dremel Dog Nails @ DoberDawn.com

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalScream View Post
    I would buy a regular dremel. Don't mess with the pedipaw thing. Plus, you can use the regular one for other around the house stuff. Get the cordless one.

This website is the BEST for explaining how to dremel nails. I will NEVER go back to dog nail trimmers. Dremel is by far better. I have trained dogs for 35 years. My dog was worked with from birth by her breeder to have her feet worked with, but she just hates any type of messing with her feet. Some dogs you just cannot train it out of. SHe does not mind the dremel.

How to Dremel Dog Nails @ DoberDawn.com
    Thanks thats good info.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    I'll stick to my rottweiler it might be safer. Those things can really bite bad can't they? I mean really bad.
    Uh hu. It is not pleasant. My girlfriend's roommate had one that was very aggressive and attacked me. Ripped into my back with it's claws and the beak latched onto my ear. It was not pretty.

We have a Moluccan Cockatoo... talk about a nail trim... gotta be at least as bad as that macaw. We've tried the concrete perches and such... they don't seem to help, and the concrete dust makes a mess when she decides to destroy them (there's very few materials that are beyond her capacity to destroy... concrete isn't one of them).

My wife is a vet tech, does nail trims all the time, cats, dogs, birds, reptiles, you name it. We bought one of those pet nail grinders when they first came out. She used it once, and pronounced it a piece of junk.

A good high speed rotary tool with a 40 or 60 grit sanding drum works for some animals, but she uses clippers for most. Some animals are bothered by the noise of an electric device, and they're slow compared to clippers. The clippers are quick and clean, but you really do have to get a good quality set, and keep them razor sharp.

Oh, and Styptic powder works better than the pencils for animals. As mentioned above, flour will work in a pinch... corn starch works even better.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links