Apparently I Scare People - Page 2

Apparently I Scare People

This is a discussion on Apparently I Scare People within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Mommy! Mommy!, make the scary man go away! Jt, Very cool article. Don't worry about the left wingers, you will never get through....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apparently I Scare People

Mommy! Mommy!, make the scary man go away!

Jt,
    Very cool article. Don't worry about the left wingers, you will never get through.

Assistant Administrator
    Rick - only thing missin' there is a Hawg
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

XD9
    Having just moved to a "culturally diverse" area of town, I have encountered a couple of suspicious characters hanging around and have made sure that they noticed me give them the look over and then a stare right in their eyes. I haven't seen them again. Some might question this but they were hanging around by my entrance and on my sidewalk so I let them know that I noticed them and could pick them out of a lineup if I needed to.

My kids think I am the nicest, coolest dad ever and that's all that matters to me. Let everyone else think I'm scary. Makes life easier.
    There are 2 sounds in the world that strike more fear than any others. A click when you should hear a bang and a bang when you should hear a click.

Lead Moderator
    Funny how some folks are. While out camping we had a few AR's leaning against a tree in camp.A few people wandered thru and never stopped back to chat again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kel-Tec2006
    Fear, unfortunetly, is in how you look. Most people will not even take the time to get to know you if you 'look' intimidating or mean. Case in point: I am bald, have a gottee, tattoo'd, and big (5'9" 235). I constantly get comments. My wife manages a beauty salon and sometimes I will stop by to drop off lunch for her, or just to say hello. Every one of her co-workers has told her I scare them. I have left her office and her clients will say, "Your husband is scary!"

I used to work at the local community center and I started a pee-wee sports class for kids too little to play organized sports. The class gave them a different sports skill each week to work on. Many of the parents commented to my boss that they were surprised how good I was with the children. I guess when you have that ex-con look, people assume you are #1-ignorant and #2-violent, and #3-bad with kids. The funny part was, the kids would run into the gym and hug on my legs. The one kid told his mom he wanted to be just like "Mr. Rick!"

My appearance fits my current position much better.
    Mr. Rick, My 9 year old saw your picture and say's, eww HE'S SCAREY! who's that? I said he's Mr. Rick the room security guy I hired to come get you if you DON'T KEEP YOUR ROOM CLEAN.

She looked at me funny and said, WHATEVER!

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Rick - only thing missin' there is a Hawg
    Yeah, I get that a lot. Owned a little Honda when I was a kid, but never after that. Mom was an EMT and told me many horror stories of cycle accidents so that basically kept me away from them.

Mr. Rick, My 9 year old saw your picture and say's, eww HE'S SCAREY! who's that? I said he's Mr. Rick the room security guy I hired to come get you if you DON'T KEEP YOUR ROOM CLEAN.

She looked at me funny and said, WHATEVER!
    Eww? I knew I was a hit with the ladies. My 14 year old daughter gives me the same look and the same 'whatever' so they never grow old of that! Also, she will have a sleep over with a bunch of her friends and at first when a new friend comes over, they are taken back. After they realize I am just a big ole' goof, they warm up to me. One of my favorite things to do is when I get home from work and one of the kids has a friend over for the night, I walk in, look them right in the eyes as mean as I can, and I say, "What are YOU doing in MY house!" The ones that I now know just say things like, 'whatever I want!' or 'just cleaining out your fridge!'. The ones who I don't know look at me in horror, then look at my kid like 'what the hell did you just get me in to?'

My wife always tells them to pay me no mind. I am just a big teddy bear.
    "Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. For when you look long into the abyss, the abyss also looks into you."

Nietzsche

Rick, weren't you that guy on OZ? LOL

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    Yeah, I get that a lot. Owned a little Honda when I was a kid, but never after that. Mom was an EMT and told me many horror stories of cycle accidents so that basically kept me away from them.
    LOL!

Actually my Mom just threatened to use her station wagon run over any motorcycle I might bring home.
    Now that I am older, and married, my wife has promised to tell mom where i hide the thing if I ever buy one. LOL!

Actually I only talk about getting one to mess with them. A friend of mine rear ended a wasp with his eyeball a while back and killed any aspersions of mine to sneak out and come home with a trike. Yeouch!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links