Apology

This is a discussion on Apology within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hey all, I wanted to apologize for the "Beautiful Women" and "Women Driver" threads. I feel bad about them and it was a poor joke ...

Thread: Apology

Apology

Hey all,

I wanted to apologize for the "Beautiful Women" and
    "Women Driver" threads. I feel bad about them and
    it was a poor joke on my part.

Sorry guys I'll try to keep my posts more in line.

Just for the record I love all women

2. Remove Ads

Good rule of thumb: post as if what you write is going to be on the front page of the Sunday newspaper and attributed to you, and your mother's going to be the first to read it.

Note that DC.com truly isn't like many of the other forums out there, which can (and frequently do) devolve into backbiting cesspools of hormonal displays from the male end of the species. It's a good thing that DC is a cut above, in that respect.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    It takes a big man to make amends for his shortcomings. I'm sure that the members of this forum will forgive you. Lesson learned, so keep comin' around and posting!!! Men and women of your caliber are always welcome here at DC!!
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

Maybe I'm missing something here but I didn't see anything so bad about the posts.

The women drivers thread was funny!!

OK. I admit it. I laugh at women! I also laugh at men! I laugh at liberals and conservatives, religious people and atheists.

Most of all, I LAUGH AT MYSELF.

ErikGr7 - if your purpose was to humilitate women, then yes you should apologize. If you just saw the humor in the post and wanted to share a laugh with people, no apology needed.

We all need to relax and not take ourselves so seriously.

I also laugh at "fat" jokes. There are some really funny ones out there. By the way, I am in the process of trying to drop 100 lbs or more.

Just call me politically incorrect and very proud of it!!!
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

As you say, intent is what matters. But intent is the hardest to judge.

I didn't take offense at the "women drivers" thread, but I didn't find them all that funny, either.

I've had too many people say things that were insulting, then claim "ah, what's wrong with you? I was just joking!" as they cackle, roll their eyes, make another beer belch, and jab their buddies in the ribs at the ridiculousness of women.

"Lightening up" is a good thing. It's also difficult sometimes.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

I agree with PaulG..I thought it was funny..ever noticed on most videos of stupud stunts that you never see women doing them? same thing..guys do stupid things and women cant drive..it's a ballanced world after all.
    "Brains before Bullets"

I thought the women driver one was funny.
    Although I too have seen men just as bad.
    What I want to know is where is the beautiful women post?
    I can't find it.
    Did the status get upgraded to DOA?
    This is the law;
    The purpose of fighting is to win.
    There is no possible victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental. - John Steinbeck

I've had posts deleted that I found to be funny but weren't politically correct,But I agreed to abide by the rules here so when a moderator thinks it's out of line then that's how the call goes,if it wasn't that way there would be people posting really improper content and character bashing,type of stuff you find on other threads.Here and Texaschlforum.com have a family oriented forum,they have a 10 yr old daughter rule,if it ain't appropriate for a 10 yr old don't post it
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member
    Yeah, Erik, welcome to my world. Got my hand justly slapped a year or so ago on an off color thread. Not saying that was true for you but I like that this forum has better manners than most. I am far from the Righteous Dude but I am amazed at the number of forwarded emails I'm getting about our president that are supposed to be funny but have a clearly racist thread running through them. And, no, I'm not a pc nut.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Personally I believe people need to be able to laugh at themselves. Its a trait that I look for an admire in those that have it. We have gone overboard on this PC stuff.

Is it the jokes or the loss of the ability to realize that its a joke thats the problem? Its a harmless joke folks!
    I'm glad that I grew up in a time when Don Rickles was considered funny. I'm afraid nowdays his jokes would be banned and labeled as hate speach.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Personally I believe people need to be able to laugh at themselves. Its a trait that I look for an admire in those that have it. We have gone overboard on this PC stuff.

Is it the jokes or the loss of the ability to realize that its a joke thats the problem? Its a harmless joke folks!
    I'm glad that I grew up in a time when Don Rickles was considered funny. I'm afraid nowdays his jokes would be banned and labeled as hate speach.

Michael
    Absolutely! Don Rickles was a beautiful man! I saw him in a stage show where he was picking on various audience members. One guy in the audience started picking back at him and was actually pretty funny.

Don laughed until he cried, he looked at the man and said something like, "you really get it, you're beautiful".

We all need to lighten up and learn to laugh at and with each other.
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

Thanks all for the kind replies.

I promise to be good from now on. If I say something
    stupid just tell me right away

I have a strange sense of humor. I was thinking of posting
    one on crazy cat photos. I just am doing some job hunting
    right now, maybe I can post it soon.

Erik

Links