Glad we're in America!

Glad we're in America!

This is a discussion on Glad we're in America! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just goes to show you...no matter how bad we think everything is starting to look here...America is still the best country on earth. This is ...

Thread: Glad we're in America!

Unhappy Glad we're in America!

Just goes to show you...no matter how bad we think everything is starting to look here...America is still the best country on earth. This is something that would have been figured out right away and fixed within a few days here with a short course of antibiotics. Now this chick is fighting to stay alive because the doctors in brazil misdiagnosed it as kidney stones and sent her home.

Doctors amputate Miss World model's hands, feet - CNN.com
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.

Yep

We live in the greatest country God gave man. But, man is fallible even doctors. This has happened to two people I know one guy died from the mis-diagnosis the other a mother of two lost limbs similar to this story. Medicine is a tough field I think no matter where you live.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

That IS sad. BBQ is right - medicine is still as much art as science, and things get missed.

Well, she can still be a journalist... if she lives. Hope she uses her calamity to be a better writer and reporter. She would have a unique perspective.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Sponsored Links