Mass. Liberal Judicial System, Where's The Justice

This is a discussion on Mass. Liberal Judicial System, Where's The Justice within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I live in Massachusetts, not far from where these 8 punks barged into a home 2 years ago and beat up a Mom, Dad, his ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mass. Liberal Judicial System, Where's The Justice

Mass. Liberal Judicial System, Where's The Justice

I live in Massachusetts, not far from where these 8 punks barged into a home 2 years ago and beat up a Mom, Dad, his son and friend. These punks were kicking the Dad and other boys in the head when they were down, in their own home.

The sentencing has just been handed down, and you won't believe it.

What I find scary is, what if that were my house or yours and you defended your family with a firearm?, my guess is, you or I would be in jail.

Here is the link:

Eight men sentenced in '07 assaults on Tyngsboro family - Lowell Sun Online

Sigbear
    Last edited by HotGuns; January 23rd, 2009 at 09:54 PM. Reason: language workaround

2. Remove Ads

Well, at least now you know for sure where you stand...expect to have the BG's let out to come after you again if you bother calling the cops.

"My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member
    Wow, those tough sentences will sure teach them a lesson /sarcasm off/.
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

VIP Member
    That has got to be one of the grossest miscarriages of justice I have ever seen, and people wonder why there are so many repeat offenders.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

OK, one more place on the map NOT to live.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Distinguished Member
    Never happens at home, nope, can't happen

Too bad the home-owner did not have a CCW and stopped this from happening, it's obvious the courts won't put the brakes on this behavior.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

I would now file civil charges against them and sue them for a large amount of money,I would file against each individual sperately and hold any judgement over their heads for as long as legally possible
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    That has got to be one of the grossest miscarriages of justice I have ever seen, and people wonder why there are so many repeat offenders.

There was no justice in the sentencing at all. Happened in Mass., makes you wonder if they are related to another family from there who can do whatever they wish without fear of punishment?

tiny glimmer of hope?

By no means in the original sentencing but in the hope that the next time these idiots assualt someone in their own home they won't even need a trial because the got what they deserved 690 grains of education.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    What I can't understand is that the ones with the longest sentences (1 year in jail), have their sentences suspended. Having worked in jails and prisons (Deputy Sheriff and jail medic for 3 years in a county jail, clinical rotations totalling 16 weeks in a federal prison, and 1 1/2 year as a PA part time in states prison, and 1 year part time as a PA in county jail), being able to sleep at home. watch whatever TV shows that you want, sleep whenever you want, and eat decent food whenever you want, is several orders of magnitude better than serving jail time. These guys should all do at least a year in jail, no suspended sentence. I would venture to say that if such a thing happened in the homes of a vast majority of DC members, the court proceedings would be replaced by funerals for the perpetrators.

That wasn't even a slap on the wrist...
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

The lunatics are running the asylum!
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

The assaulted family was the wrong color, if this was a "hate crime" we would have seen the Mass. system in action.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Sounds to me like justice and any sort of sense left town. If one of those kids had been my son and had actually commited the act I'd of told the judge to send him up for his time and hope he learned something. This is one of the reasons I won't be moving back to the greater New England area despite being born there.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

I suppose one could try to sue the judge for fear and financial reparations for having to either a) get armed security, b) packing up and moving, c) always looking over your shoulder wondering if they're coming back since the bugger let his friends out.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links