Losing Faith In Politics?

Losing Faith In Politics?

This is a discussion on Losing Faith In Politics? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just wondering if anyone else is not too excited about politics anymore? I used to be a hard core political type. But after the last ...

Question Losing Faith In Politics?

Just wondering if anyone else is not too excited about politics anymore?
    I used to be a hard core political type. But after the last election, I thought to myself "Is the best they have to offer us"?

I mean I vote pro gun exclusively among a few other views I am a huge proponent for. But I just feel we are losing out with both sides of the political fence.

I sure hope we get some better folks to run for state, and federal government in '08

Anyone else?

new was intersted in it .. All the arguements that come from it among frieds and family ..

Ya know i can handle soemone that comes right out and says there full of crap but the people in politics like to hide it

Lead Moderator
    I lost faith years ago when part of my job was helping protect them. I found they all lie and twist the truth. These days it seems that instead of voting FOR someone, you are voting AGAINST someone.

I often wish I could find someplace to go where there was a honest working political system....... But so far ours is still best to spite the faults.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Assistant Administrator
    Yep - there is some feeling of disillusionment and with that a sense of choosing between two devils - which has the shorter tail

Much could be worse but much could be better too. I have become very cynical with Gov's over time - much as anything because altruism seems very lacking - more, there is the impression that power is the target for individuals - sometimes sought by far from honorable means.

I dearly wish for honesty but sadly that so often seems lost amongst deceptions, misinformations, disinformations - the feeling of trust is sometimes near non-existent.

Add to this re trust - there is far too much perceived lack of trust given out by Gov toward ''the people'' - and that by default tends to reduce the trust in return. There is an uneasy cohabitation these days between ''us'' and ''them'' - well at least for non-sheep!

What we need are statesmen - not politicians. People who have genuine best interests at heart - and who want not self agrandizement but have a genuine wish to further the cause for fairness and balance. Pie in sky - I know!

Whatever happened to ''government by the people, for the people''.

These days - somethings goes belly up - cover it up!!! Can't have embarrassment ya know!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Links