We've all seen these.

This is a discussion on We've all seen these. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; leenks.com - 8 gun-related mistakes Hollywood makes I wouldn't mind one of those "SUPER ACCURATE SNIPER SCOPE "...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We've all seen these.

We've all seen these.

leenks.com - 8 gun-related mistakes Hollywood makes

I wouldn't mind one of those "SUPER ACCURATE SNIPER SCOPE "

2. Remove Ads

Funny stuff, I have often wondered about some of those myself.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Or the gun that never runs out of ammo. Would love that more than the SASS.

VIP Member
    The caliber thing is the one that always irks me. No shell casing found, but they determine just by looking at the body it was a 9mm, or a .38. Since a .380, 9mm Luger, 9mm Makarov. .38, .38 Special, .38 Super, .357 all use the same basic diameter bullet how do they know what caliber it was. Of course the medical examiner does the same thing. You see them pluck the bullet from the victim and immediately tell the police what caliber it is without it being examined by a ballistic expert.

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    The caliber one got me upset yesterday watching Mystic River. Cop looks at a dead body..."She was shot. By the looks of it, a .38"...I'm thinking...how can he tell the difference between a .38 and a .40? Or anything else for that matter!
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

LOL!

THE "EMPTY" AUTOMATIC We've all seen the scene where on adversary has the drop on another at the end of a gunfight. One guy holds out an automatic to the other guy's head, says a take away line ("This is where the rubber meets the road, scumbag.) and then…click. The gun's empty! Well, when an automatic has fired its last cartridge the slide atop the action locks back. They would both know the gun was empty. At the same time the firing mechanism locks back as well so no "click". If you need to have a scene like this make sure your character's armed with a revolver.
    Yeah.

Those were hilarious! Never seen this kind of list before.
    Thanks for posting.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

I am going to have to differ with him on the super accurate sniper scope. If you know your zero, and know your range and windage, you can dial that in and hold dead on.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    I am going to have to differ with him on the super accurate sniper scope. If you know your zero, and know your range and windage, you can dial that in and hold dead on.
    +1 Just need basic little math and the right scope.

RC
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

What if you have an automatic that either doesn't lock open on last shot or failed to lock open on last shot,that scene is very possible,+3 on dialing in elevation on a scope,There is a revolver that can be silenced when the trigger is pulled the cylinder is pushed forward making a seal between the cylinder and forcing cone
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

that always bothers me, when the BG is pointing the gun at someone yelling commands THEN racks the slide.

and the unlimited ammo. i hardly ever remember seeing a movie or TV show where they change mags.

those are the two that annoy me the most.
    NREMT-B

"Dead is dead"
    "Yea, till we show up with jumper cables and drugs to debate it"

My in laws hate going to movies with my wife and I if the movie is a shoot-em-up type (is there another kind of movie?) because she and I will always roll our eyes and point out the obvious stupid gun mistakes.

The last shoot-em-up movie that we saw that had a almost no gun mistakes was Collateral. They really did a good job with that one.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsterguy View Post
    +1 Just need basic little math and the right scope.

RC
    +1 on the math!!
    I had to remind a friend once that the 1/8" per click at 100 yards was 3/4" at 600 yards! He was getting ready to launch one into the next county!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by mikeprekopa View Post
    that always bothers me, when the BG is pointing the gun at someone yelling commands THEN racks the slide.

and the unlimited ammo. i hardly ever remember seeing a movie or TV show where they change mags.

those are the two that annoy me the most.
    That's the two that get me also. I also saw one movie where the guy was shooting auto.... with a semi-auto handgun.... LMAO... and never ran out of bullets after about 100 consecutive shots.

Or, when ..... they are telling everyone what to do, they are afraid of getting shot, and then he cocks the hammer back on a 1911.

Gotta love the old westerns with their old (never reload) 6 shooters.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links