Not sure where this goes, so I will post it here. Education and using it.

Not sure where this goes, so I will post it here. Education and using it.

This is a discussion on Not sure where this goes, so I will post it here. Education and using it. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I have been on a kick lately with reading. Funny-as a kid I never read anything unless I had too. Same in college. Now as ...

Thread: Not sure where this goes, so I will post it here. Education and using it.

Lightbulb Not sure where this goes, so I will post it here. Education and using it.

I have been on a kick lately with reading. Funny-as a kid I never read anything unless I had too. Same in college. Now as an adult, I am finding myself squeezing in books as much as possible. In the past month I have digested:

-Deep Survival: Who lives, who dies, and why.

-The spiritual Journey of Joseph L. Greenstein.

-The Gift of Fear.

Last night I made another bulk purchase on amazon.com picking up, "Whoever fights monters", "I have lived in the monster", "The anatomy of motive", and "Signature Killers".

I have forever been interested in this stuff. So much so that I finally re-enrolled to college to pursue another BS, this time in Forensic Psychology. I start late Feb.

Anyway, the point of this post is here somewhere. I took the new puppy into my wife's salon this morning so all the girls could see her. My wife told me I was dressed like a stalker today, I had on grungy sweat pants, a thermal top, a flannel, and a socking cap. Hell, it is Saturday, why get gussied up?

Anyway, when she said that one of her co-workers replied, "I have a stalker". My interest peaked. I asked for more details. She told me she cut a guys hair last night who knew her name, where she lived, the color of her house, the color and make of the car she drives, and also told her they would make a good couple. He also said that another girl poured salt on his wounds by telling him they would look good together also. She told him many times she was married, but he would instantly go back to talking about them being a couple.

I immediately thought of everything I read in "The Gift of Fear." A girl that was also listening told her to call him and tell him she is married and to leave her alone. Another girl said, "Oh, I know him, he is harmless. He really is a nice guy." I just shook my head. I cannot believe how some people are. It is true, people are SHEEP.

Guess who else was 'harmless'? Ted Bundy. Jeffrey Dahmer. Dennis Rader. John Gacy. Gary Ridgway. I think you get my point. People take things too lightly. The guy has an obvious interest in her, and is not willing to take no for an answer. He doesnt care that she is married. He knows things about her he shouldnt. But, 'he's harmless!'

I took her into the break room and told her everything I could remember from 'The Gift of Fear'. I told her plain and simple to IGNORE him. Don't cut his hair anymore, don't talk to him, use your caller ID and don't answer if he calls, dont return his call no matter how many messages he leaves, dont send your husband after him, dont send anyone else after him. Make yourself unavailable to him. He is looking for a response, and if he gets it, he will keep pursuing you. And, I told her she should keep her cell phone on her at all times and try to avoid being alone.

Will she listen to me? Who knows?? The guy may be harmless, or he may be a psychopath.

Perhaps what scared me the most about all of this is the other women saying he is harmless. In this day and age, you must be on your toes and attempt to study everything. He may be a nice guy who just wanted a date, but I, for one, will not take that chance. Everyone is a suspect and everyone is dangerous.

Be safe.
    "Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. For when you look long into the abyss, the abyss also looks into you."

Nietzsche

yep good info

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar
    I have always found that it is good advice to tell them to
    Shoot, shoot some more, shoot again, shoot till ya here click, then ask questions. J/K

Sounds like decent advice, hope for her sake nothing happens.

Sponsored Links