Does This Guy Sound Familiar?

This is a discussion on Does This Guy Sound Familiar? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; KURTIS THE STOCK BOY AND BRENDA THE CHECKOUT GIRL In a supermarket, Kurtis the stock boy, was busily working when a new voice came over ...

Thread: Does This Guy Sound Familiar?

Does This Guy Sound Familiar?

KURTIS THE STOCK BOY AND BRENDA THE CHECKOUT GIRL

In a supermarket, Kurtis the stock boy, was busily working when a new voice came over the loud speaker asking for a carry out at register 4. Kurtis was almost finished, and wanted to get some fresh air, and decided to answer the call. As he approached the check-out stand a distant smile caught his eye, the new check-out girl was beautiful. She was an older woman (maybe 26, and he was only 22) and he fell in love.

Later that day, after his shift was over, he waited by the punch clock to find out her name. She came into the break room, smiled softly at him, took her card and punched out, then left. He looked at her
    card, BRENDA. He walked out only to see her start walking up
    the road. Next day, he waited outside as she left the supermarket, and offered her a ride home. He looked harmless enough, and she accepted. When he dropped her off, he asked if maybe he could see her again, outside of work.

She simply said it wasn't possible.

He pressed and she explained she had two children and she couldn't afford a baby-sitter, so he offered to pay for the babysitter.

Reluctantly she accepted his offer for a date for the following Saturday.

That Saturday night he arrived at her door only to have her tell him that she was unable to go with him. The baby-sitter had called and canceled. To which Kurtis simply said, "Well, let's take the kids with us."

She tried to explain that taking the children was not an option, but again not taking no for an answer, he pressed. Finally Brenda, brought him inside to meet her children. She had an older
    daughter who was just as cute as a bug, Kurtis thought, then Brenda brought out her son, in a wheelchair. He was born a paraplegic with Down Syndrome.

Kurtis asked Brenda, "I still don't understand why the kids can't come with us?" Brenda was amazed. Most men would run away from a woman with two kids, especially if one had disabilities - just
    like her first husband and father of her children had done.

Kurtis was not ordinary - - - he had a different mindset.

That evening Kurtis and Brenda loaded up the kids, went to dinner and the movies. When her son needed anything Kurtis would take care of him. When he needed to use the restroom, he picked him up
    out of his wheelchair, took him and brought him back.

The kids loved Kurtis. At the end of the evening, Brenda knew this was the man she was going to marry and spend the rest of her life
    with.

A year later, they were married and Kurtis adopted both of her children.

Since then they have added two more kids.

So what happened to Kurtis the stock boy and Brenda the check-out girl?

Well, Mr. & Mrs. Kurt Warner now live in Arizona , where he is currently employed as the quarterback of the National Football League Arizona Cardinals and has his Cardinals in the hunt for a possible Super Bowl victory.

Is this a surprise ending or could you have guessed that he was not an ordinary person?

It should be noted that he also quarterbacked the Rams in Super Bowl XXXVI.

He has also been the NLF's Most Valuable Player twice and the Super Bowl's Most Valuable Player.

*AND THE REST OF THE STORY:*

Today at church our minister mentioned that when Kurt, his wife and children go out to eat he has one of his children pick out a family eating at the restaurant. Kurt then tells the wait staff he is picking up the tab for that family's dinner anonymously.

He remembers the days he was working nights in the grocery store and feeding his family on food stamps.

Makes it hard not to root for the Cardinals IN THE SUPER BOWL ...doesn't it ?
    Last edited by Patti; January 26th, 2009 at 08:53 PM.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    from a former PHX-ite and a rabid Kurt Warner fan...GO CARDS!!!!
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Senior Moderator
    Now THAT was an uplifting story.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Wow... here I was waiting for the punch line to be something along the lines of abuse and murder. I just heard of a similar story where the guy seemed straight as an arrow, then later abused the step-daughter.

Back on topic, that's a great story. He's a great guy. Several years ago, I visited a church in Chesterfield, MO, and their family was attending. I didn't bother him--figured he gets that enough.

Hard not for me to root for the Cards on Sunday since Kurt and the Cards used to be here. So from an old Steeler's fan (yes, I remember the steel curtain and the immaculate reception--I witnessed both), go Cards!

Great story. The Kurt Warner story is indeed a good one.
    God Bless America!!

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    Sounds like an alright guy. I just hope anyone but the Steelers wins...I really don't want them to break the tie with Dallas for most superbowl wins.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

With that story I will venture to say there aren't many more like him in the NFL anymore.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

I'm definitely rooting for the underdog - The Cardinals.

Kurt's one fine quarterback, but his age is against him. And the Steelers play some really rough football.

I hope the Cards offensive line stays strong so Kurt can work his magic.

Go Cardinals.

I was not expecting such a positive story... this being a self defense type forum I was expecting something bad to happen. Nice post.
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

Patti, Thanks for a (someone does good) story, it's not often enough that happens.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Great story
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Not an entirely true tale of Kurt Warner's life.
    Check here for the real story which may even be better than this somewhat fictitious one.

I'm still rooting for the Cards though!
    Sig Sauer P229 9mm
    Sig Sauer P238 .380
    Colt XSE 1911 .45

VIP Member
    Big Ben is such a nice guy that one time he tried to kiss the bumper of a moving car while riding his motorcycle.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Links