Record Cold for Idaho Falls on 1/27

This is a discussion on Record Cold for Idaho Falls on 1/27 within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This morning we beat a coldness record from 1957 at that time it was -14 on 1/27/57. Today 1/27/09, it was -24 beating the record ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Record Cold for Idaho Falls on 1/27

Record Cold for Idaho Falls on 1/27

This morning we beat a coldness record from 1957 at that time it was -14 on 1/27/57. Today 1/27/09, it was -24 beating the record by 10*. It is so cold we have ice on the inside of our windows. My friends want to go shooting tomorrow at an outdoor range. I think I'll have to say NO! this time.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

So much for Global Warming! But wait, we need more emission controls!!
    Trying to leave as large a carbon footprint as possible.
    Shivering in the "heat"
    Innocent as doves, wise as serpents, armed like wolves.

Talking

As concerned Americans we should be proud of our Al Gore he has saved the world from its self in just a few short years from certain disaster.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Brr, I know the feeling, Global Warming has left Michigan too.
    In the past 4 weeks we have had temps ranging 5-10 degrees lower than normal.
    And even my "globes" have been cold.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticRick View Post
    Today 1/27/09, it was -24 beating the record by 10*.
    You could head down to the DeHaan shotgun shop and check out the new stock. That'll warm things up, a bit. Just don't get stuck to the barrels. Watch those fingers!

Brrr, -24*F is cold. Be happy that you weren't out at 4am. Apparently, it was -29*. Am just west of you, in Portland. Got to +25* last night but is now only 30*. I once experienced -15* in Chicago and I thought that was a bit nippy. At -24*, pray the wind doesn't kick up. My condolences.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

It got down to +59 here last night and I had to sleep under the covers,I hate cold weather LOL
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Dear Mr. Gore,

Thank you for all of your concerted, and apparently successful, efforts to combat global warming. In just a few years you have taken a myth, made it a panic, and have apparently defeated it. I assume that you must have defeated it because as I type this letter to you, my fingernails are blue, my teeth are chattering, and there is an icicle hanging from my nose. I think my left eye has just frozen solid as well.

I am writing to you now, in the midst of our second consecutive record cold winter, to ask for your help in the next looming crisis. You see, my previously adequate house was apparently designed and insulated for global warming standards and not for global cooling. As the Great Father of the Internet and the Triumphant Conqueror of Global Warming, I have full faith that you have an exit strategy for after we would win against global warming and I hope you intend to implement it soon because I am freezing.

Hopefully this exit strategy includes you paying for upgrading my home and heating system, since all of these war on global warming initiatives have left me broke. Also, if you could include a green house that will be great, as I suspect that we will start having food shortages due to the shorter growing season.

I must close this letter now, since I apparently have frost bite because my pinky finger just fell off and I am beginning to feel my right eye starting to freeze. But I did want to congratulate you on your success, and I look forward to your reply and immediate action on this next looming crisis.

Sincerely,

SonofASniper
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

I feel ya. We are having a cold snap here. I just went to lunch and its like 60 degrees outside. I allmost had to put a jacket on...

-8 here, thanks Al.
    Roy
    Dacono, CO
    CCW
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticRick View Post
    This morning we beat a coldness record from 1957 at that time it was -14 on 1/27/57. Today 1/27/09, it was -24 beating the record by 10*. It is so cold we have ice on the inside of our windows. My friends want to go shooting tomorrow at an outdoor range. I think I'll have to say NO! this time.

I'm from Caldwell, it doesn't get that cold, but I know what you mean! Last week here in NoDak it was -34 on my way to class, that is a whole new degree of miserable!
    ‘‘To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them...’’

— Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Is there some invisible fence keeping you guys in that miserable environment?
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

VIP Member
    It has been in the single digits or negative here for about three weeks. The funny part is that I went outside today in just a fleece pull over and I didn't feel that cold. It was a balmy 18F out today. I felt like it was springtime.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Well it's 27 here but this is what I have been watching all day.

Ice Storm!

You can hear the limbs cracking, power lines and poles snapping and lots of little fires all over the city!

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    It actually got below freezing down here last week!

Seriously, a lot of crops got damaged.

I was out in it this morning waiting for the bus at 5:30am to take me to Idaho's area 51.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links