Gun show observations

This is a discussion on Gun show observations within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, as usual...when there's a gun show in town, I just can't seem to stay away. This is an observation thread, and not actually a ...

Thread: Gun show observations

Gun show observations

Well, as usual...when there's a gun show in town, I just can't seem to stay away. This is an observation thread, and not actually a disappointment thread. I've pretty much got past the disappointments years ago.

Plenty of Glock hi-cap magazines for sale @ $30 each...one guy had some for $27.50. No G23 mags to be found. Brand new Glock factory 31-33 round magazines.....$60. Scherer aftermarket 31 rounders for Glock $45 all 9mm. .223 FMJ ammo (Remington green box) by the box, or by the case....$14 per box with no savings buying by the case! Most new milspec AR-15 magazines $30 for 30 round capacity. Yugo AK-47's with folding stocks or otherwise $850-$950 each. Lancer L5 translucent mags seemed to be a nice deal @ $24.95 each.

I ran into a vendor booth for Prusik Training Center and picked up some brochures. Since they are in Stigler Oklahoma, a weekend trip there might be doable for me in the future. PRUSIK USA They have a nice 2009 calendar for $10 depicting hot chicks with guns that is done with good taste...no pun intended. Lots of parts for almost anything at today's show. Picked up a safety lever for my AK47 for $25 and talked with that vendor for 10+ minutes about the availability and pricing of everything nowadays. Highlight of the show was hearing a guy talk with a vendor about night sights, and he's pretty much local to me (Mulberry), and was also looking for some 40S&W brass!

We talked for about 30 minutes, and he's waiting on his first CHCL from the state of Arkansas he applied for in November of last year. We'll be getting together soon for the brass, and a day at my local range! I also turned him on to this website and our state's petition for open carry. Good guy, and if anyone has any 10mm, 38 super, 44mag, or 357mag brass for sale, he's looking for it and you can PM me with whatever you have, and I'd pass it along. Hopefully we'll see him join this forum and get into it as a good resource (the best actually). That's about it.

Oh.....I have to mention this....after this week's ice storm and temps in the 20's for the mid week, today's high here was 70! Unbelievable! Now I have to work tomorrow. By the way......since I din't buy any ammo there, I made my weekly run to WallyWorld and picked up the last two boxes of 40S&W Blazer Brass for $12.97 each and a box of 12ga 2 3/4" slugs for $3.97 just to satisfy myself somewhat for a day's outing and driving 43 miles overall. :)
    Last edited by P95Carry; January 31st, 2009 at 08:35 PM. Reason: spaced out into a few para's!

2. Remove Ads

gun shows have gotten to be a wast of time. high prices for things that should not be. lots of knifes and beef jerkey for sale. no deals to be found.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by frankmako View Post
    gun shows have gotten to be a wast of time. high prices for things that should not be. lots of knifes and beef jerkey for sale. no deals to be found.
    don't forget the loads of Nazi memorabilia.

Assistant Administrator
    Amazing the way prices have gone ... plus ammo availability - or lack of.

I think it might have been Ammo man at a recent show - who was literally cleaned out before middle of day - and that never used to happen as I remember going back a coupla years.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Not to mention even trying to find powder and primers,I'm gonna check every day at a coupla sites and buy enough to last me at least 10 years
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

No beef jerky, some knives (and throwing stars)...no Nazi memorabilia, and I was hoping for some ammo cans, but none of those either. Some desi paks for $1 each, and few holsters. All in all, I don't see how out of state vendors make enough to pay for their trip or renting space now-a-days. Then again...there are still those out there willing to pay more, and those who have waited too long. I guess these are the things that keep the world turning. I'm just not one to grab ahold of the wheel and give it a spin anymore. The earth will have to rotate without my efforts for now.

its true beef jerky, and i did buy some ammo pistol, and shotgun, mostly a joke. upstate ny last week end.

Links