When the zombies come...

This is a discussion on When the zombies come... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Got into a debate with some friends jokingly of course (or is it??)...

View Poll Results: Do you think zombies will move at a fast, slow, or regualr pace?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • faster than humans

15 12.61%
  • slower than humans

75 63.03%
  • the same as humans

29 24.37%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When the zombies come...

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar

When the zombies come...

Got into a debate with some friends jokingly of course (or is it??)
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

2. Remove Ads

They will obviously be cloned and enhanced by an alien species, who will surprise us because while everyone is looking to the skies for an alien invasion, they'll actually crawl out of the ground. Unknown to everyone, the inside of the planet is just a hollow shell, with an entire second world lining the inside of our crust, just in an inverted sphere. We've been fooled all along, but now we'll pay the price.

So I'd say zombies on Segways. All terrain Segways.

After having worked alone side of many zombies for years now, I can say their is nothing much slower. So I have to say humans are faster. Zombies need to talk on their cell phones half the day while everyone else carries their weight also, so they are distracted. They often stop to kabitz with one another when they are needed the most.

Crazy but I was getting angry while typing this post......
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Most of the ones I have seen have fast thumbs from playing video games and from sending text messages while driving. They are also fast when reaching for free food and welfare checks, but very slow if any kind of work is involved. Though they sometimes move fast, they are oblivous to their suroundings, thus easy to dispatch.
    How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy & productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised and taken care of.
    Suzanna Hupp

Everyone knows they are slower than humans, but it takes a head shot to take them out
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Same as humans IMO.......because the zombies are human. They are simply waiting for the calling. I see zombies every day. They just don't know I see them for what they are. But they are out there now. I've seen them with my own eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I've seen them with my own eyes.
    I would hope your not seeing them with someone else's eyes.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    I would hope your not seeing them with someone else's eyes.
    Yeah...right...right. I'm no patch job here, and all of my parts are original. I do figure though...if the zombie hoard paid well enough, I'd make for a good leader....I do some of my best work in the darkness!

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Play left 4 dead. That will show ya how fast. As a rule, the horde isn't too bad until you alert them. Then they can come in faster than you ever imagined.

And then there are the super zombies. They are always fast and deadly.

But after many hours of practicing my zombie killing skills, I am happy to report.....

I am one.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

I'm hoping for shamblers, becuase it's easier to make head shots on those from a great distance away, which is where I plan to be.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    They will obviously be cloned and enhanced by an alien species, who will surprise us because while everyone is looking to the skies for an alien invasion, they'll actually crawl out of the ground. Unknown to everyone, the inside of the planet is just a hollow shell, with an entire second world lining the inside of our crust, just in an inverted sphere. We've been fooled all along, but now we'll pay the price.

So I'd say zombies on Segways. All terrain Segways.
    I think you just described Disneyworld...
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

It all depends on how they are created. If they are the dead rising from the grave they must move much slower as they have deteriorated and may not have fully working tendons and muscle groups. The more recently dead would move closer to normal speed. Now if the property that brings them back to life actually heals what ever killed them then you may find them to move much faster than a typical human and may have much great er strength. All depends on the movie and and what the circumstances are.

Sad I have a real anwser to this, but had this debate back in college with some philosophy professors and Psych students.

All in good fun.

jfl
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Same as humans IMO.......because the zombies are human. They are simply waiting for the calling. I see zombies every day. They just don't know I see them for what they are. But they are out there now. I've seen them with my own eyes.
    What he said !!!
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

I hope they move slower. I want my youngest to have the opportunity to really practice with a bolt action. If they move too fast (or the packs are too big) we will have to go to semi autos. I was figuring I would start him with .22 bolt action with stingers and iron sights. He could use the 10-22 with the scope, but I think that would be cheating.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    He could use the 10-22 with the scope, but I think that would be cheating.
    There is no such thing as cheating when it comes to Zombies....
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links