I Want My $45 Back

This is a discussion on I Want My $45 Back within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So I ordered the UFC fight for last night, and I have to say that I was very disappointed. The GSP-Penn fight was boring, Penn ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Want My $45 Back

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

I Want My $45 Back

So I ordered the UFC fight for last night, and I have to say that I was very disappointed.

The GSP-Penn fight was boring, Penn did nothing in rounds 2 through 4. Lyoto-Silva was decent, but I felt the best was the Guida-Daiz fight. I was happy to see Diaz lose, he is too cocky for my tastes.

What did everyone else think?

Mike
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I think UFC is a grand waste of time/money and you should have known that before you spent your $45.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    me thinks you need some new friends so you can watch at their house...

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I watched it for free on AFN...and it still wasn't really worth it. Every single round was won by decision except the last 2, and GSPs TKO was only because BJ realized his mouth was a lot bigger than his skill and quit while he was behind.

I can't believe he said he was going to take the title from GSP, and then move up a weight class and take that title too.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

The UFC isn't fun to me anymore. The over hyped fights, and the boring shows suck. I will however be waiting for the Lesnar vs Mir fight. I hope Mir breaks his leg this time.
    God Bless America!!

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I think UFC is a grand waste of time/money and you should have known that before you spent your $45.
    +100
    How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy & productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised and taken care of.
    Suzanna Hupp

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I enjoy the UFC, but I didn't have any interest in the St Pierre/ Penn fight. I don't particularly like either fighter, but I really can't stand Penn. Talk about arrogance.

Once upon a time a UFC fight may have been worth the $45...that time has long since passed sorry to say. It's amazing what "PC" will do to a perfectly good fight. Darn feel good hippie loving sums of peaches ruined a perfectly good sport.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

UFC has gotten lame as it has gotten bigger. It is just like boxing now, too much hype and too little substance. Its gone all corporate and big money now, and that has ruined it totally. The raw energy that used to drive it has been taken over by contrived WWE type presentations. I washed my hands of that sport a couple years ago.

$45? Man, I usually head to my local Gentleman's Club for the UFCs. Free for the wifey and I to get in. She drinks for free and if the match is boring...I'm entertained.
    "carrying a gun is a lot lighter than carrying a cop in your pocket" -MrTwice99

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrohead View Post

Thanks, Nitrohead, for the link. I wasn't aware of that site. I regularly watch Surfthechannel.com, as they have a large number of television shows, from the 50's to the present, available. Then, on the Film and Movies channel of the site, they have hundreds of movies, including many that are still in the theaters. Sometime, they're poor quality, recorder with a camera pointed at the screen. Most though, are good quality. But I wasn't familiar with this, so I'll give it a try.

By the way, the UFC was the best in the very beginning, when it really was a "championship", with no weight classes, just everyone competing for the same prize. It was a lot of fun, watching Marco Ruas, a rather small Gracie Jiu Jitsu fighter, just cut Paul Varelans. a 6' 8" 300lb giant. Ruas kept kicking his legs, until he could no longer stand. A real David vs Goliath, with a similar outcome as the biblical story, except that Varelans was still alive, if beaten, at the end of the fight. And when you won your match, you then went to the next fight, against one of the winners of an early fight. And if you had to go 3-6 rounds to win your match, you'll have less energy for your next fight of the evening. It really showed off not only the fighter's skills, but their stamina and conditioning as well. Those were the days when the UFC was at it's best.

Boxing is King. Mostly on 'Classic ESPN'
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

Quote Originally Posted by Squawker View Post
    Thanks, Nitrohead, for the link. I wasn't aware of that site. I regularly watch Surfthechannel.com, as they have a large number of television shows, from the 50's to the present, available. Then, on the Film and Movies channel of the site, they have hundreds of movies, including many that are still in the theaters. Sometime, they're poor quality, recorder with a camera pointed at the screen. Most though, are good quality. But I wasn't familiar with this, so I'll give it a try.

By the way, the UFC was the best in the very beginning, when it really was a "championship", with no weight classes, just everyone competing for the same prize. It was a lot of fun, watching Marco Ruas, a rather small Gracie Jiu Jitsu fighter, just cut Paul Varelans. a 6' 8" 300lb giant. Ruas kept kicking his legs, until he could no longer stand. A real David vs Goliath, with a similar outcome as the biblical story, except that Varelans was still alive, if beaten, at the end of the fight. And when you won your match, you then went to the next fight, against one of the winners of an early fight. And if you had to go 3-6 rounds to win your match, you'll have less energy for your next fight of the evening. It really showed off not only the fighter's skills, but their stamina and conditioning as well. Those were the days when the UFC was at it's best.
    +10
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by Derrin33 View Post
    The UFC isn't fun to me anymore. The over hyped fights, and the boring shows suck. I will however be waiting for the Lesnar vs Mir fight. I hope Mir breaks his leg this time.
    +1 on that!! Lesner dosent have a chance!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links