When would you employ your rifle

This is a discussion on When would you employ your rifle within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Australian floods wash crocodiles into streets Floods ravaging northern Australia have washed crocodiles onto the streets, where one was hit by a car, authorities ...

Thread: When would you employ your rifle

When would you employ your rifle

Australian floods wash crocodiles into streets
    Floods ravaging northern Australia have washed crocodiles onto the streets, where one was hit by a car, authorities said in a warning to residents Wednesday.

More than 60 percent of the vast northeastern state of Queensland has been declared a disaster area, and flooding after two recent cyclones has affected almost 3,000 homes, they said.

The army has been called in to help with rescue and recovery efforts, while three reports of large crocodiles washed up from flooded rivers have come in from homes in the Gulf of Carpentaria region.

"I'm not sure if it's the same crocodile moving around -- on the three sides of Normanton there's been a large croc seen right up close to the water's edge," said mayor Joyce Zahner.

"Hopefully he'll stay in the water and the kids will stay on the land," Zahner told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.

A crocodile measuring 1.6 metres (5.3 feet) long was run over by a car on a street in the nearby city of Townsville on Tuesday, wildlife rangers said.

The croc lost a few teeth and suffered bruising but was receiving medical attention, they said.

In the worst flood-affected town of Ingham, 2,900 homes were hit, including 50 which were totally swamped, emergency authorities said.

Dozens of people had been evacuated to emergency accommodation in a nearby school as more than 360 millimetres (14 inches) of rain fell in the 24 hours from Tuesday morning.

The damage bill is estimated at 110 million dollars (76 million US) and growing, said Neil Roberts, Queensland state's emergency services minister.

The region is bracing for further floods, with a tropical low pressure system threatening to develop into a cyclone about 150 kilometres (93 miles) off Queensland's north coast, forecasters said.

"The conditions -- as far as meteorological conditions are concerned -- are quite favourable for the system to once again develop into a tropical cyclone," a weather bureau spokesman said.
    Crikey I think I hit a croc I did I did.I see a gator or croc in my yard and I'm gonna be sporting a new pair of gator boots with gator belt and gator holster.I only live about 20 miles from any gator sightings lol
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Nope, because the allmighty and wise government of Australia told me I had to turn in my gun for my own safety and the safety of my fellow citizens.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

That and I think it would be considered poaching.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

"The croc lost a few teeth and suffered bruising but was receiving medical attention"---Your kidding me, a young 5ft croc would make a nice juicy meat on the barbie, No?
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

VIP Member
    The croc lost a few teeth and suffered bruising but was receiving medical attention
    I wonder who was man enough to give it mouth to mouth???!!?
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

This is part of the reason my neighborhood has a wall around it! The bayou behind our community center has gators in it. I have only seen small ones 1-2 foot long, but neighbor says she has seen one at least five feet long.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    I don't have to worry about that particular issue, but if I did I would try to use avoidance as a first line of defense. But if I'm cornered or something, the croc is gonna get it!
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

Links