Gun Store Frustration

Gun Store Frustration

This is a discussion on Gun Store Frustration within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Last week I bought a Yugo SKS over gunbroker.com. I went to the local Gunshop here and asked to get a copy of his FFL ...

Thread: Gun Store Frustration

Gun Store Frustration

Last week I bought a Yugo SKS over gunbroker.com. I went to the local Gunshop here and asked to get a copy of his FFL so I could have the gun shipped to his store. The owner told me that he didn't give out copies but he could email or fax a copy to whoever I needed. Now this doesn't do me a whole lot of good since the guy I bought the gun from wanted a copy of the FFL signed in blue ink.

So I went to the gun shop in the town where my parents live, obtained a copy of their FFL, and had the gun shipped there(Its a hardware store with an outdoor department. I called yesterday and was very happy to hear that it had arrived. I drove the 45 minutes to the store today expecting to pick up my rifle. Upon arriving at the store I was told by the kid behind the counter that he couldn't help me. He didn't know anything about the rifle and he didn't know what paperwork I wild have to fill out. He then proceeded to tell me to just come back tomorrow when someone else would be there. The guy that is normally behind the counter is usually very helpful, but no such luck today.

I guess its my fault for not calling ahead to make sure a store that sells guns could "sell" me my gun(I've already payed for everything but the FFL transfer). Sorry. This whole process has been very frustrating. Ok, I'm done venting.
    When in doubt empty the magazine.

"There is nothing so likely to produce peace as to be well prepared to meet the enemy." - George Washington

I guess its my fault for not calling ahead to make sure a store that sells guns could "sell" me my gun
    That's a bummer for sure. Why do you think they call it red tape?

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    That's a bummer for sure. Why do you think they call it red tape?
    That may be true. My vote goes for someone behind the counter that should have been behind a broom instead.
    When in doubt empty the magazine.

"There is nothing so likely to produce peace as to be well prepared to meet the enemy." - George Washington

Things like that just make your guts churn, but the fact is there are days like that. Cool down, relax, go back tomorrow when the main guy is there and get your gun.

Sponsored Links