Tie string in hoodie dangerous - Page 2

Tie string in hoodie dangerous

This is a discussion on Tie string in hoodie dangerous within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Paco Real lawn darts, monkey bars with exposed screws and hard dirt at the bottom Dirt!?!?! You had dirt?!?!?! We had gravel!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tie string in hoodie dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    Real lawn darts, monkey bars with exposed screws and hard dirt at the bottom
    Dirt!?!?! You had dirt?!?!?! We had gravel!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    When was the last time you saw REAL monkey bars or a REAL merry go round? The way "they" talk and act these days I am surprised I am not dead or paralyzed already.

I have fallen out of more trees and jumped off of more roofs, and sun myself in to a vomiting rage on a merry go round more than I can even remember. Real lawn darts, monkey bars with exposed screws and hard dirt at the bottom (no wussy mulch padding), playing in the rock/dirt pile next to the back hoe at the local construction site, and on and on and on...
    AH...why does this sound hilariously familiar? Actually, we took the merry go round thingies a few steps too far. My buddies and I used to take long strands of rope to tie to one of the handle bars and proceed to wrap the entire thing like a yo-yo. Do the math... 4 guys, one in the middle of the spinner, 3 grabbing the rope and running it out as fast and as hard as possible. Ah...real kids toys. What do kids call "play" these days?
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

I have seen a video from the side of a school building that caught a kid going down a slide and it caught on part of the slide on their way down and choked them off. It was not good to watch that kid struggling to get it loose and could not get his footing, and then die.

It can happen, and has. Possibly not with theirs, but it has with coats, jackets, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I know of at least 2 cases where children were killed on playground equipment when they jumped off and the string got caught.
    That a sad fact I won't disagree with. I would rather the government put out a warning rather than telling adult what they may buy. How much power do we want to give to the government?

Personally for cold weather I wouldn't wear a hooded sweatshirt if it didn't have a string I could use to tighten the hood with.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    Ahhhh hell.... let's just bubble wrap everything.... this way everyone will be safe!!
    Oh No, No, No. That's a huge suffocation hazard - and don't even get me started on the fluorocarbons!

For some reason my wife and I are huge fans of hooded sweatshirts. I'm PROUDLY wearing my hood draw string right now. Of course, I did pass my drawstring safety course and registered each of my sweatshirts...
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less."
    "Save in defense of my native State, with the sincere hope that my poor services may never be needed, I hope I may never be called on to draw my sword" - Gen. R. E. Lee

Quote Originally Posted by swaggs View Post
    For some reason my wife and I are huge fans of hooded sweatshirts. I'm PROUDLY wearing my hood draw string right now. Of course, I did pass my drawstring safety course and registered each of my sweatshirts...
    I'm jealous here we have to apply for a permit ,then we have to justify why we need a hoodie with a string,then we have to make sure when we get our permit that when our hoodie isn't being used we put hoodie safetys on the strings so they cannot be encircled or tied
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I know of at least 2 cases where children were killed on playground equipment when they jumped off and the string got caught.
    That's sad, and I am not making fun of the loss. How many kids you guess got killed jumping off playground equipment not wearing a hoodie? What childhood activity can't kill given the right chain of events? Where do you draw the line?
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    Gecko45 will snatch that drawstring outta your hoodie in less than .384 seconds and garrotte your sheep throat, Speznatz-ninja style....

I'm just sayin'...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

I'll bet ya 10-1 there are more people strangled by power car windows but they haven't been banned.I'm not saying that to belittle any loss of life but some of the safety regulations are absurd.maybe on kids hoodies they need to replace strings with velcro closures
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    Every time someone gets hung by their hoodie or strangled by electric car windows, that Darwin guy look smarter and smarter all the time...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

The debate about where kid's play is irrelevant, they are getting cancer and rotting their eyeballs with the xbox360 (yeah I play some games, but when I was younger I did a lot more outdoor activities than kids do these days).

How about parental supervision of the kid's to ensure their safety?
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    The debate about where kid's play is irrelevant, they are getting cancer and rotting their eyeballs with the xbox360 (yeah I play some games, but when I was younger I did a lot more outdoor activities than kids do these days).

Now there's a novel idea, unfortunely it doesn't seem to occur to enough parents.
    If it did there would be no reason for product disclaimers to protect the stupid from themselves
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    Now stop using common sense, this is a discussion of the government telling us what we can and can't wear. Common sense has no place here.

I agree it is always tragic when a child dies, and some legislation was good (lead based paint, asbestos, flame retardant clothing) but there has to be a point at which we know that a string around a kid's neck on a playground can be dangerous and take initiative to watch them or remove it ourselves.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by ICTsnub View Post
    That's sad, and I am not making fun of the loss. How many kids you guess got killed jumping off playground equipment not wearing a hoodie? What childhood activity can't kill given the right chain of events? Where do you draw the line?
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I'll bet ya 10-1 there are more people strangled by power car windows but they haven't been banned.I'm not saying that to belittle any loss of life but some of the safety regulations are absurd.maybe on kids hoodies they need to replace strings with velcro closures
    Product Safety is one of my specialties. I am not saying all hood strings should be banned, but on younger children that do not have sense they should be using more elastic, velcro or breakaway strings or no strings. Many children have hanged themselves on window curtain strings as well. They also have tightened design standards for playground equipment where loose or exposed fasteners are not allowed.

It is an extremely traumatic event when I child is killed when doing what comes naturally, playing at a playground. CPSC has instituted warnings to parents and manufacturers should be aware. A playground should be safe for kids to play without fear of injury from the equipment.

This is not an adult that spilled coffee on herself, but 5-10 year olds that are getting hanged by their clothing.
    I was adding information to the discussion and trying to inform.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links