Completely RanDUMB topic: Keys

This is a discussion on Completely RanDUMB topic: Keys within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I have to carry a lot of keys. 1 home, 3 apartments, 4 cars, and 2 campuses worth. I am beginning to hate it. Yes ...

Thread: Completely RanDUMB topic: Keys

I have to carry a lot of keys. 1 home, 3 apartments, 4 cars, and 2 campuses worth. I am beginning to hate it. Yes I do have to carry them all, long story short. I have many more keys that I do not carry on my person regularly.

Carrying this many keys is a real pain. Is there some way to carry a lot of keys without either a huge ball of metal spikes in your pocket, a constant jingle jangle that wears down your belt loop, or a dorky looking lanyard that gets in the way all day long?

only carry your main set and house keys on your main ring everything else pick a place to store it till you need them ..

thats how i do it

When I was carrying a ball of keys, I found that the De-Jammer tucked under my belt held the keys well.
    It is a skinny aluminum rod with a threaded end for a cleaning rod (used that once or twice) but it is perfect for holding lots of keys, one can use kubaton techniques with it and it works well for popping a stuck bullet out of a barrel (twice at pin matches-not my loads)
    The other is a leather backed key keeper, I gave it up as the kyes jangled more than I liked.
    Keys=stress
    Allthe Best
    Rob
    simplyrugged.com

Get Trained Go Armed.

“Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival.”
    Winston Churchill

Assistant Administrator
    I have WAY too many - but even the ones that get used very infrequently, I dare not stash away cos I'd forget where they were!

My daily key carry is belt loop and I just put up with them. My truck keys and ring comprize a huge collection!! But only carry those when out and truck locked - again, have to keep them all together - or I'd be in a fix.

Bike keys are only ones I hide in a specific place when it is garaged.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Administrator

KEYS! Grumble Grumble!

Oh G~D do I hafta carry keys when I am working.
    About 30 to 40 plus keys total.

Some of them are the old antique skeleton key type interior door keys and they get caught on EVERYTHING. I hate keys.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

1952 - 2006
    I also, when at work, have to carry a $h#t load of keys. I have to carry a combination of 4 split rings mounted to a fifth. All in all about 50 keys, including a couple of key cards.

These are, of course, all the keys for access anywhere in the Las Vegas Hilton. (Yes, I have entertained the idea for giggles ). Being security I have to be able to access any door at any time.

They get to be a real pain. But I've found the best thing for me is just a standard LE duty key ring holder. It's attached to my belt under my jacket. Makes the keys easier to carry and I can get them out when I need them. (Also under the jacket cuts down on the movement of them and the noise).
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

I carry so many keys as a fire Marshall in the largest Cereal factory in the world (POST Battle Creek) this plant is ½ mile wide and 1 mile long, and do I ever walk a lot. Back to the first I carry so many keys that I have to add equal weight to the other hip for ballast to stand up straight. Hip pocket in bibs when I need to hide and a police style key clip for the other times.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

You guys have some interesting jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by acparmed
    But I've found the best thing for me is just a standard LE duty key ring holder.
    Just curious, what is this exactly? Can you show me a webpage?

1952 - 2006
    Sure I can Euc.

Go to this website and pick your choice of leather, nylon or synthetic and Kydex.
    http://www.galls.com/category2.html?...talog&cat=2950

This is the one I carry. It's cheap, tough and protects your pants from most key related damage.
    http://www.galls.com/style.html?asso...NP040&cat=2981

The ones that fold over the keys are generally not big enough to wrap a 'bunch' of keys.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Senior Member Array firefighter4884's Avatar
    Euc,

As a college student I tendto have a lot of keys, because I'm actively involved in volunteer work both at home and at school. I have keys for all the EMS vehicles and buildings and offices, etc. I have the same sort of thing for home, and then I have all my personal keys. My car, my house, and all my gun locks. I also have a CPR mask on my key chain that I carry everywhere.

I carry mine on a small carabiner, and swap off which keys I need. For instance, around campus I carry both rings (my personal and my EMS) keys, but when I go to work, I take the EMS keys off of my ring for comfort. With multiple rings on a carabiner, it's very quick to swap out specific sets of keys.

--Jim
    Firefighter / EMT - Always Ready. Ever Willing.

~Never do anything that you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics...~

Oh it's one of those deals! Thought you were talking about something weird and wild. Still, I might have to go to that. I hate having crap on my belt but it's getting to be a pain.

Sponsored Links