Thinning of the herd.

This is a discussion on Thinning of the herd. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Dumb & Dumber" incidents With the police in hot pursuit on Telegraph Hill, a San Francisco man who was suspected of burglary was trying to ...

Thread: Thinning of the herd.

Thinning of the herd.

Dumb & Dumber" incidents With the police in hot pursuit on Telegraph Hill, a San Francisco man who was suspected of burglary was trying to evade the police. The man jumped over a 3-foot wall not realizing there was a 200-foot cliff on the other side. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

A 22-year-old Dallas woman stopped during rush hour on the LBJ Freeway and got out of her car to look at an accident that had just occurred. While looking through the lens of her camera and taking pictures she stepped in front of a car and was killed.

An 18-year-old Florida youth was riding in a shopping cart and holding onto a SUV which was racing down a street in Winter Park when they hit a speed bump and he was thrown from the cart and killed.

A 13-year-old Illinois boy skateboarding in O'Fallon was trying to race and beat a train to the road crossing but wasn't fast enough and was run over by the train.

An 18-year-old Blaine Washington man hotwired a steamroller left at a construction site in Blaine and went for a joyride. He turned too sharply and the steamroller rolled over and crushed him.

Two Alabama Comcast Cable employees were racing in their company vans in Huntsville when they crashed, seriously injuring a 3-year-old girl. <--This is sad.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Apart from the last one, all Darwin Award candidates.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

I wouldn't say that a 13 year old could be a darwin award candidate. I guess that's just the father in me. Perhaps it's also that I remember all of the really really stupid things I did as a teenager and I wonder how I made it out alive.
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

The feeling of invincibility in adolecense is merely nature trying to kill us off before we get old enough to breed. We all survived the stupid things we did that were, upon mature reflection, flat-out dangerous. We survived, some do not. I think the herd is better for the thinning. All the safety regulations are going to kill us as a species because the inferior are surviving too long and infecting the herd with a dangerous disease, stupidity.
    But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself...
    "Baa."
    LTC(RET) Dave Grossman

Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter Qualification: Cook

Yup all the stupid stuff I did as a kid that could of left me dead or crippled that I walked away from.As we grow older we learn from our mistakes and hopefully live thru them,sometimes hearing "I WOULDN"T DO THAT IF I WERE YOU"doesn't seem to register til it's too late
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigiceman View Post
    The feeling of invincibility in adolecense is merely nature trying to kill us off before we get old enough to breed. We all survived the stupid things we did that were, upon mature reflection, flat-out dangerous. We survived, some do not. I think the herd is better for the thinning. All the safety regulations are going to kill us as a species because the inferior are surviving too long and infecting the herd with a dangerous disease, stupidity.
    A little off topic, but have you ever seen the movie Idiocracy? It's not a great movie, but it is a great premise and provides a few laughs.
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

Links