Wal Mart ammo bandit

Wal Mart ammo bandit

This is a discussion on Wal Mart ammo bandit within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Some nefarious individual is going into my WM and buying all 500 rounds of their 45 ACP every time they get more in stock. This ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wal Mart ammo bandit

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Wal Mart ammo bandit

Some nefarious individual is going into my WM and buying all 500 rounds of their 45 ACP every time they get more in stock. This from my wife, who was unsuccessful in getting me some target ammo, per one of their associates.

Share, dude!

And apparently this has been going on for a while. I'll be on the lookout for any new sheds in the area...
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Damn Bogart's
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    It wasn't me. I'm in Michigan.
    But yes guilty of buying 500 rounds, two new guns to break in, first 300 rounds each have been fine, no jams no FTF, just a couple scratches on my forehead to prove I'm breaking them in.
    Next time I stock up, I think I'll pick up a hat.
    In my own defense I did leave a 250 round box behind for the next guy/girl.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Probably why I can't find any 40 S&W here in Fayetteville.
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

It's happening here with all pistol ammo.

It's the Democrats fault!
    With the new administration and concerns over 2A rights gun sales are way up, along with ammo.
    Be thankful not all of the have joined the ranks
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Good for the gun and ammo industry because I'm sure neither is on the dems short list for a bailout.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Went to two different wallys this weekend. At the first, the only handgun ammo they had was 1 50rd box of 40S&W. The second, the only ammo was 1 50rd box of .380. Of course, as luck would have it, I was going to shoot my Xdm .40 and my bersa thunder .380so I cleaned them out and went shooting.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less."
    "Save in defense of my native State, with the sincere hope that my poor services may never be needed, I hope I may never be called on to draw my sword" - Gen. R. E. Lee

Senior Moderator
    Our local walmarts are all almost completely out of ammo
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Lots of empty spaces on the shelves when I picked up my 500 rounds of .45, no .357 magnum, no 9 mm, one 50 count box of .38 special. I asked the clerk when they would be getting more. She told me when the warehouse gets more and ships it. The store order has been placed 3 weeks ago, still nothing has come in.
    The local Meijer is very low on stock as well, but that may be due to ammo walking off but itself. What they do have is sitting on the counter, not locked in a case, several partial boxes sitting around, some mixed FMJ and hollow points in the same box???

It's the same way here. The only 9mm that our local chinamart ever has is Winchester white box, and very few of them at that. I personally have stopped using WWB due to an unusually high amount of bad loads. I had been getting 2-3 ftf's per 100, too many for me. I don't experience this with any other ammo I tried so far.
    "After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it."
    - William S. Burroughs

911 Government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.

Same story in Nebraska. They have no idea when warehouse will ship more.

VIP Member
    more of the same in Utah. Lots of empty shelves, both at WW and all the local gun shops. With it selling so fast, you'ld think the manufacturers would up production. Why haven't they?
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

All 4 (within 20 minute drive)of my local Walmarts have been pretty much sold out of almost all ammo for the last 2 months. Sometimes they'll have one box of 44 mag or a couple of 22s. But thats about it. I ordered 500 rounds 9mm Blaze brass from Natchez Shooters Supply and got it in 2 days. Price was $9.99 plus shipping for a total of $114.00. The more you buy the better the shipping works out.

One of the local gunshops will only let you buy 1 box of ammo at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Some nefarious individual is going into my WM and buying all 500 rounds of their 45 ACP every time they get more in stock. This from my wife, who was unsuccessful in getting me some target ammo, per one of their associates.

Share, dude!

And apparently this has been going on for a while. I'll be on the lookout for any new sheds in the area...
    Same SOB must be hitting my local Wal Mart, too. Plenty of ammo every where else in town, but not as cheap as Wal Mart.
    And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links