My kin was robbed today.

This is a discussion on My kin was robbed today. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm posting this now, without a news story, because it just happened. My son's grandmother - his mom's mother, was robbed at knife point today ...

Thread: My kin was robbed today.

My kin was robbed today.

I'm posting this now, without a news story, because it just happened. My son's grandmother - his mom's mother, was robbed at knife point today at her work for $140.00. The guy came in, brandished a knife, demanded the money, fought for some reason with another lady behind the counter, and took off with the cash. My ex's mother said that the guy tried to act like a gang banger but had to take his hood off because his clothes were so big. (that's strong as new rope.) Police took prints, but no one has been caught at this point.
    Now, why is this a self defense story deserving to be here? Because this nut job fought with the lady. She wasn't resisting, he went after her. She just got lucky he didn't stick her in the ribs with the blade. Had one or both of them ladies been properly armed and trained this guy wouldn't have had the chance to attack them. The only thing really keeping this guy in a hurry to leave was the fact that one of the ladies saw him in the parking lot, and called in a suspectious man in the parking lot.
    any time, any place, anyone.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    So when are you taking the Ex's mom out shopping for some protection?
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    So when are you taking the Ex's mom out shopping for some protection?
    Yeah, I almost bet she goes and gets something now. I bet the owners don't let her carry in the store though. It's a dry cleaners.

Here is the article. Not much in it. Looks like it's starting to get worse in our town.
    Thomasville Times Enterprise - TPD searching for armed robbery suspect
    THOMASVILLE — Thomasville Police Department officials are looking for a suspect involved in an armed robbery Monday afternoon.

The incident occurred at approximately 12:46 p.m. at Thomasville Cleaners on South Broad Street, Lt. Eric Hampton, public information officer, said.

“According to the clerk on duty, a black male wearing a mask entered the business armed with a knife and demanded money,” Hampton said. “Reports state that the suspect did take an undetermined amount of money from the cash register and fled from the business. The clerk was not hurt in the incident.”

The suspect is described as a slender black male, approximately 5-feet-10. He was wearing blue jeans, a blue jean jacket and a hood over his head.

No more information was known at press time.

TPD is also investigating several other burglaries that occurred throughout the weekend, Hampton said. Windows were broken at businesses and small quantities of change were taken from the inside.

“These are also open investigations and were spread throughout the city,” he said. “We have no suspects at this time.”

Anyone with information is encouraged to contact local law enforcement. All information is kept confidential.

To report information on the armed robbery or burglaries, call Crime Stoppers at 227-3305, TPD front desk duty officer at 227-3249 or dispatch at 226-2101.

Links