Is your gun worth a rose? - Page 2

Is your gun worth a rose?

This is a discussion on Is your gun worth a rose? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by socal2310 I think my blood is boiling and my head is going to explode. There is no purpose for a program like ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by socal2310 View Post
    I think my blood is boiling and my head is going to explode. There is no purpose for a program like this except to disarm law-abiding people. They know damn well that criminals won't be attending!

Ryan
    OTOH, if the have no idea how to use them, they might just end up saving a ND by protecting the from themselves. In a newspaper article some time back about a "turn-in", they reported that a significant number came through the door loaded -- a . When the LEOs learned that the bringing them in didn't know how to unload them the LEOs started doing a check outside the door.

What makes my blood is boil is what happens next.

Here in Virginia, we are trying to get the State to sell all guns confiscated, turned in, etc -- rather than pay to have them melted down.

A public auction of guns (like other surplus property) would save the State money and and be good for the environment. What could be wrong with that?
    Last edited by DaveH; February 15th, 2009 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Add the unloade part
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

"Hoping to get the weapons off the streets", this is an outright lie! As stated by socal2310, they knew that no criminals would be turning in guns, not unless they were very stupid! These guns weren't on the street! They were in the hands of law abiding (but stupid) people. Last night on our local news station we were informed that one guy turned in 6 hand guns, for 6 roses, and $600. Now how dumb can a man be? He could have trippled his money by simply going to the neighborhood pawn shop! I know that some people are stupid, but every day I am still amazed at just how stupid some people can be! These folks are so stupid that they all probably voted for Obama!
    Y'all be safe now, ya hear!

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
    Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carver View Post
    I know that some people are stupid, but every day I am still amazed at just how stupid some people can be! These folks are so stupid that they all probably voted for Obama!
    So stupid they meet the
    You've got to be very ignorant to be so ignorant that you are ignorant of how ignorant your ignorance is.
    criteria.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links