Well, Proflowers screwed up Valentine's Day!

This is a discussion on Well, Proflowers screwed up Valentine's Day! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I always get my wife a dozen roses for Valentine's Day. She doesn't consider it to be a real gift giving holiday, so I limit ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, Proflowers screwed up Valentine's Day!

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar

Well, Proflowers screwed up Valentine's Day!

I always get my wife a dozen roses for Valentine's Day. She doesn't consider it to be a real gift giving holiday, so I limit it to the flowers and cards. Even when I have been out of work and broke, I've found a way to get the roses. This year though, I wanted to do something a little different, since we've been together 10 years this month. Now, I was still limiting it to flowers, but I did want more. So this year, I ordered 2 dozen, in a special ruby vase. Ok, not a lot more, but still a way of differentiating it. First problem was that they didn't arrive until after 8pm. Had we decided to go to dinner, we could have missed them. But the real problem occurred with the order. When my wife opened the box, there were a dozen roses with a plain clear vase. Since I'm not above making a mistake, or changing my mind and going a different route and forgetting, I pulled up my receipt (I always save a copy on my hard drive). And I was right, the order was for 2 dozen in a Ruby vase. I paid a total of $83, including $13 shipping and $10 extra for Saturday delivery. I quickly sent a nasty email to Proflowers, along with a copy of the receipt. I told them that as far as I'm concerned, there was no way that they could now make it right. Sending another dozen and the vase on Monday doesn't cut it, nor would a partial refund. I demanded a full refund of all charges, otherwise I would submit a contested charge to my bank. I also would send complaints to the Better Business Bureau, et al. Well, to their credit, they sent an email, and agreed to refund all charges.

I should be happy. My wife got a dozen roses, which she thinks are beautiful, and she's happy. And, I'm getting my money back. But, I'm not. I wanted something a little special, a little different for THIS Valentine's day. I don't like being jerked around. And if I hadn't called them on it, and demanded a full refund, I'm sure that on Monday we would see another dozen roses in a ruby vase, with their "sincere" apologies. Finally, the nature of the mistake pisses me off. Had they sent 23 roses in a ruby vase, I could chalk it up to someone miscounting on a busy day. Or, had 2 dozen roses showed up, in a clear vase, then I would figure that they ran out. Or both could have occurred, and I would still understand. This wasn't a mistake. This was someone seeing "ROSES" on the order, and he didn't bother to read the rest. He shoved 12 roses and a vase in a box and sent them. It was a simple lack of caring. I've been busy, and I can appreciate it. But you still have to do the job.

Well, that's it. Sorry for the rant, I'm just pissed and I needed to vent. I hope every one's Valentine's Day brought them everything that they hoped for, without any accidents of ANY kind!

2. Remove Ads

Mistakes happen and I'm sure your wife appreciated the xtra length you went to,and the thought really does count.I will bet if you take a look the flower mistake was just one more thing contributed to your feeling of being jerked around.Sometimes when I get angry at someone or something I gotta stop take a deep breath and do a "GRATITUDE" list.It could be worse there was a plane crash a couple days ago and 48 people won't be spending valentines with their loved ones.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I feel ya bro, I would be raging pissed too. I'm glad your handling it so well. I had heard taht about ProFlowers though, it was a mass text message deal. Perhaps if they keep screwing up to this magnitude, they will run themselves out of business.
    ‘‘To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them...’’

— Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Distinguished Member
    You all need a crew of your own "employees" and see what kinda stuff happens in the real business world. If the ProFlower people hired top notch people, you might pay $200.00, would you pay that amount???? You could have went to a local shop and had them deliver or brought them home your self.

A mistake was made, and they done well fixing it. What more would you want.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I've had a few orders screwed up by the national online flower shops. After that, I started going local only, and have had MUCH better results.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Lucky You!

In a suburb of Denver, they knocked on the doors of some people and asked for the desired party, It just so happens that the deliverer was a cop and the desired party had outstanding warrants.

It was a good news story last nite on TV. One lady pitched a fit and said, "not on Valentines Day"

Quote Originally Posted by SleepingZ View Post
    You all need a crew of your own "employees" and see what kinda stuff happens in the real business world. If the ProFlower people hired top notch people, you might pay $200.00, would you pay that amount???? You could have went to a local shop and had them deliver or brought them home your self.

Z
    YES.. Employees are the worst.
    "Manners are good when one may have to back up his actions with his life" Robert Heinlein"

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
    I've had a few orders screwed up by the national online flower shops. After that, I started going local only, and have had MUCH better results.
    +1

I always support local businesses when possible. Yes, ordering from the internet is convenient but with that convenience comes risk. Personally, I think that someone who points and clicks does not have the depth of involvement as someone who goes out of their way to pamper their partner.

It is the difference between cooking a fancy meal or going out to a restaurant.

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    i've used proflowers 3 times for orders with 2 mistakes. the first time, i thought...i'll give them 1 more shot...but after the 2nd mistake in 3 orders...i had enough! i'll never buy flowers from them again
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    They took your money but did not give you what you paid for. If I bought a 1911 online and received a Glock, I'd be pretty ticked off too. You definitely deserve the refund. However -- if that's all you have to complain about on Valentine's Day...

My order arrived just like I wanted it. Always had good luck with them.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepingZ View Post

A mistake was made, and they done well fixing it. What more would you want.

Z

I've managed a crew of employees, most less than 20 years old. And they did their jobs. Yes mistakes happened, but usually things that I could overlook, and those that I couldn't required correction. And I'm sure that they made less than the Proflowers packers. As I said, I would have accepted a simple mistake and wouldn't have complained, much less asked for a refund. This wasn't a simple mistake, like the miscount example, or not having the right vase. This was a case of someone not giving a .... and not even looking past the word Roses. Still, I normally would not have been angry after the refund. But this was a little something special, for an occasion that meant a lot to me. I've only spent 10 years with a person once, my first wife, and at that point, our relationship wasn't nearly as good as the one I'm in, hence the description "first wife". I recognize my rant to have been completely illogical, given the fact of the refund. But every once in a while, I'm illogical. Not often, but sometimes, and I feel entitled to the occasional rant among friends.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Squawker View Post
    I've managed a crew of employees, most less than 20 years old. And they did their jobs. Yes mistakes happened, but usually things that I could overlook, and those that I couldn't required correction. And I'm sure that they made less than the Proflowers packers. As I said, I would have accepted a simple mistake and wouldn't have complained, much less asked for a refund. This wasn't a simple mistake, like the miscount example, or not having the right vase. This was a case of someone not giving a .... and not even looking past the word Roses. Still, I normally would not have been angry after the refund. But this was a little something special, for an occasion that meant a lot to me. I've only spent 10 years with a person once, my first wife, and at that point, our relationship wasn't nearly as good as the one I'm in, hence the description "first wife". I recognize my rant to have been completely illogical, given the fact of the refund. But every once in a while, I'm illogical. Not often, but sometimes, and I feel entitled to the occasional rant among friends.
    Yes, disappointment for something that you was looking forward to is irritating. One thing that is also possible is that the people that packed the flowers may not speak English or read English very fluently, if you get my drift.

I hope it turned out good for you anyway.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    The whole problem was ordering her roses, instead of taking her to the range for an afternoon of fun.
    If my DH spent that much on roses, when he could have spent it on ammo and range time, he knows he would have gotten whacked over the head with the roses.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Sorry you had a problem, and glad they refunded it. I've been using proflowers for a couple of years now, had them deliver several times to my wife's office, birthdays for both my wife and my mother, and a funeral. All arrived as ordered, on time. I'm quite happy to hear that they refunded your money when they screwed it up.

A wise man once said, If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself. I guess I'm lucky, my wife wouldn't mind a bit if her flower order got screwed up... or at least she wouldn't blame me for it.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links