The Coming Swarm

This is a discussion on The Coming Swarm within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Sejune The US isn't Iraq...I don't see gangs being utilized in any shape or form. Realistically, they are local terrorists as it ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Coming Swarm

Quote Originally Posted by Sejune View Post
    The US isn't Iraq...I don't see gangs being utilized in any shape or form. Realistically, they are local terrorists as it is. They will contribute to the CRIME not the solution. Same crap spewed from the NY Times as always. I'd just assume wipe my backside with their liberal rag than read it.
    Good call.

Believe me folks, when the SHTF, rednecks shall lead the way!

Gangs, LOL gimme a break.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    Good call.

Believe me folks, when the SHTF, rednecks shall lead the way!

Gangs, LOL gimme a break.

Only if there is no NASCAR on that day!

DC Founder
    "So how are swarms to be countered?"

All American citizens, who are legally able, carry a weapon.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    Bumper sez...

Actually, I think that is the only hope, when a terrorist plot accounts for keeping LEO occupied.

The "swarm" model the author laid out is more effective than he really lets on. The Mumbai attack demonstrates its effectiveness, and the author hints at the chaos caused by six 2-man sniper teams. I think the LEO's among us would testify to the bedlam that would follow... doesn't matter if it is Tampa, Toledo, or Texarkana...

8:06 AM- Multiple calls start rolling in about kids being shot at by an unknown sniper at Washington High School. Multiple uniform cars and paramedics are dispatched, SWAT starts suiting up.

8:09 AM- 911 calls start pouring in about 2 men shooting up the food court at the MegaMall... at least 20 people shot and several fatalities.

8:11 AM- Reports of gunshots downtown near the courthouse... someone in a high place is firing on people walking around downtown, at least 14 people shot.

8:15 AM- Screaming gitterduns are now flooding 911 lines with reports of a crazy man shooting up Billy Bob's Flea Market on the edge of town... at least 8 people dead and shots are still being heard...

8:18 AM- Whispered 911 calls about a gunman at the morning worship service at the Baptist Megachurch out on Route 5... at least a dozen people shot there and the shooting is continuing.

8:20 AM- At least 20 people hurt at the Spring Arts Fair down at the marina at Waterfront Park... unseen snipers are shooting people at random from both ends of the park and there is no safe way out.

Well, Mr Dispatcher...? What are your orders...?
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post

Thanks Bumper! THAT WAS THE POINT OF MY POST!!!
    "We have met the enemy, and it is us." Pogo Possum

jfl
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I, for one, will sleep much better at night knowing a bunch of crack dealing thugs are watching over me.
    Right on
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post

Uh...wasn't that the premise of the Minutemen? (1776)
    It’s so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,” the Sheriff said.

Having read a little of what happened in Mumbai, I know that I will not sit cringing in a hotel room, or school room, or sanctuary, or store, waiting for someone to come shoot me and anyone else with me.

If I am able to defend myself and others, I will do so. If I have an out, I will get my rear and anyone else's who will follow out the nearest back door as fast as my size 10 1/2s will take me.

What would be different from Mumbai is that some of us will actually have the wherewithal to shoot back at the scumbags, unlike even many of the LEOs in India who did not have weapons available.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyghost View Post
    Why do they want to arm crack heads. (I know they didn't say they wanted to arm them but how else would they fight terrorists) but not one mention of training and arming law abiding citizens.
    Seems like the majority of gang members are already armed...one of the many reasons I am too!

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by elkhunter View Post
    Uh...wasn't that the premise of the Minutemen? (1776)
    Yeah, it pretty much was. And, it worked pretty well....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bbqgrill View Post
    The premise for this type of attack was included as part of a Tom Clancy novel in 2003; Clancy put forth a very believable senario for this type of attack occuring. The senario was several small groups coming across the Southern border dispersing then simultaneously attacking several upscale shopping malls with small arms (no this is not a Gecko45 reference). The senario was a daylight attack mid week when the malls were likely only populated by women and preschool children; the terrorists hoping to minimize the likelihood of resistance while inflicting the most tragic images of murder. Well that was a novel ... a 1994 novel by Clancy had a idealouge madman fly a 747 into the US Capitol killing thousands ... Clancy scares me.
    BBQ Grill, what was the name of that Clancy novel? I somehow missed it, and I always read his novels. I haven't gotten into Netforce, or the other ones that he coauthors, but this does sound like one that I would like to read. I believe that the one about the airplane being hijacked to fly into the Capitol was "Debt of Honor".

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squawker View Post
    BBQ Grill, what was the name of that Clancy novel? I somehow missed it, and I always read his novels.
    Teeth Of the Tiger AFAIK it is the last Jack Ryan story, his son is a main character in the novel.

I haven't gotten into Netforce, or the other ones that he coauthors, ...
    I read one and only one it just is not the same.

I believe that the one about the airplane being hijacked to fly into the Capitol was "Debt of Honor".
    That is the one

Take Care
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Wasn't this also a XXX movie where Ice cube had to round up all the pimps, pushers and ho's to protect the President from an attack from former US Solders inside the Capitol building.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links