Best prices on Jeep lift kits?

This is a discussion on Best prices on Jeep lift kits? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; For all of you Jeepers out there, where have you found to be the best/least expensive place to purchase lift kits from? I am looking ...

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar

For all of you Jeepers out there, where have you found to be the best/least expensive place to purchase lift kits from? I am looking at a Rubicon Express kit for my 1996 Jeep ZJ 4x4. I would like something in the 4" to 4.5" kit.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I know jeeps have a much bigger market, but 4Wheel Parts sold me my Pro Comp 6" lift for my 08 chevy cheaper than I could find anywhere else. They also do free installation for Pro Comp if you don't feel like doing it yourself. It's a good place to start, but maybe some of the jeep guys know a better place. I've seen a lot of places that cater to jeep only.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Start doing some reading at Jeepforum.com

Here is a YJ I built from just a naked frame:

2004 4.0L
    NV3550
    Ford 8.8 in the rear
    HP D30 in the front
    ARB's front/rear

Anyhow, I found that you can find prices on eBay the same as Rubiconexpress.com, but many eBay'ers offer free shipping.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    Tight wooded trails...the one thing that makes me wonder if I should have gotten a Jeep instead of a fullsize :( Oh, and when they close part of the trail, you don't know about it, there's no place to turnaround, and your jeep buddies all turn around and go while you back down for a mile until you find a spot wide enough to turn around.

ilovemychevyilovemychevyilovemychevy....
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Lol C9.

There is a cliche saying that goes "It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand" but it sounds like you do understand.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

M2
    CT-Mike, nice YJ, but as you probably know the TJ doesn't have leaf springs...

Tally, as CT-Mike recommended, JeepForum.com is the best place to research this; but the most popular kit I believe is the RE SF 4.5" with 3.5" coils.

I am contemplating doing this with my LJ one day; but have found that with the 2.25" BB I have on now and my 31" MTs I can go most places where rigs with larger tires and lifts go. The Wrangler is a highly capable vehicle to begin with, and can do a lot with little modification. Plus, if you use it for a DD, a larger lift may not be the best option.

Cheers! M2

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    CT-Mike, nice YJ, but as you probably know the TJ doesn't have leaf springs...

Tally, as CT-Mike recommended, JeepForum.com is the best place to research this; but the most popular kit I believe is the RE SF 4.5" with 3.5" coils.

I am contemplating doing this with my LJ one day; but have found that with the 2.25" BB I have on now and my 31" MTs I can go most places where rigs with larger tires and lifts go. The Wrangler is a highly capable vehicle to begin with, and can do a lot with little modification. Plus, if you use it for a DD, a larger lift may not be the best option.

Cheers! M2
    M2,

I am aware the TJ doesn't have leaf springs. I was saying that I put a 2004 4.0L into my 1988 YJ.

- Thomas Jefferson

Thanks so far. Not wanting this thread to turn into "arguments". I just wondered where the best prices have been found on kits. I will likely go with RE 4.5" or the Rock Krawler kit. I may even piece one together. I have welding skills and access to a welder. I just dont have time to make good jigs to keep all parts equal length.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.

Mike, I ended up buying my RE kit striaght from RE just for the great customer service. I tried ordering it from other companies to save upwards of $200 and got miserable service.

Have you posted this on NAXJA or FJOA?

in addition to 4 Wheel Parts ...Check :

Quadratec
    or
    National Tire and Wheel

I sell Truck Accessories, and can tell you I cannot compete on Jeep lift kits. RE has great deals on their kits. And from what I can tell, they are good kits.
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

If you're in FL go to www.floridajeepers.net . Some folks there run ZJs, at least a couple years ago they did. I know there is a Tallahassee group, I've met them at the annual spring scramble.
    oldogy, who runs an '05 LJ Rubicon Sahara Edition #400 and has wheeled FL for many years
    Back on topic, I like Quadratec

Tally XD is a member of FJOA and the Tallahassee group. I don't get to see him often, but I consider him a friend... :)

I can still remember the last time I wheeled with him... He had a white XJ then...

I like Quadratec also...

Rubicon Express 4.5" Super-Flex™ Suspension System for 93-98 Jeep® Grand Cherokee ZJ - Quadratec

Quote Originally Posted by oldogy View Post
    If you're in FL go to The Florida Jeepers Offroad Association :: Home . Some folks there run ZJs, at least a couple years ago they did. I know there is a Tallahassee group, I've met them at the annual spring scramble.
    oldogy, who runs an '05 LJ Rubicon Sahara Edition #400 and has wheeled FL for many years
    Back on topic, I like Quadratec
    Yep. Been a member at FJOA for a few years now. I also am founder of the Tallahassee club, "Capital City Jeepers" that you encountered at Spring Scramble.

I am new to purchasing Jeep stuff. I usually fab it myself but I no longer have time to do that.

ebay

Links