I had a good chuckle

This is a discussion on I had a good chuckle within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I figured no one but my fellow gun owners would find this funny... I was reading over NJ laws before I have to head out ...

Thread: I had a good chuckle

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

I had a good chuckle

I figured no one but my fellow gun owners would find this funny...

I was reading over NJ laws before I have to head out for this job. I was looking for anything I could carry while I am there. From what I understand I may be pushing it with a pointed stick no pocket knives, no OC spray or tazers... nothing... it really sounds like a weapon free "paradise". I bet they have no crime with the lack of weapons... anyway, I read a bit from their firearms code that literally made me laugh...

These conditions for use and transport of hollow nose ammunition are consistent with the legislative intent to restrict the use of such ammunition to a limited number of people. It is well established that in construing a statute exceptions are to be "strictly but reasonably construed, consistent with the manifest reason and purpose of the law." Service Armament Co. v. Hyland, 70 N.J. 550, 558-559 (1976). The State Supreme Court has "characterized the Gun Control Law as 'highly purposed and conscientiously designed toward preventing criminal and other unfit elements from acquiring firearms while enabling the fit elements of society to obtain them with minimal burdens.'" Id. at 559.

If thats the case where is my non-res ccl?

2. Remove Ads

Nice.

BTW, I guess I am a hardened criminal. I did a 2 week job in NJ and had my pocket knife on me the whole time, no CCW at that time.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    Nice.

BTW, I guess I am a hardened criminal. I did a 2 week job in NJ and had my pocket knife on me the whole time, no CCW at that time.
    You rebel you

VIP Member
    Sounds like a place I'd like to visit on a regular unarmed basis. The way that is written is so elequent!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Links