Proflowers, part 2

This is a discussion on Proflowers, part 2 within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My previous post went over the trouble that I had with my Proflowers over my Valentine's gift to my wife. Due to their sending me ...

Thread: Proflowers, part 2

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar

Proflowers, part 2

My previous post went over the trouble that I had with my Proflowers over my Valentine's gift to my wife. Due to their sending me the wrong order (1 dozen roses in a clear vase vs the ordered 2 dozen roses in a ruby vase). I was pissed, and wrote them about it, demanding a complete refund of the $83 that I paid. I was surprised that they responded immediately, refunding my money as asked. However, I was still pissed over them screwing up my wife's gift.

Today, I once again became upset. Proflowers advertises that their flowers will last for a week. Here we are, 4 days later, and the roses are deader than 4 o'clock. I sent them another email, and told them that since they have already completely refunded my money, that I did not expect them to do anything about it, I just wanted to let them know why they would never get another order from me. To my complete surprise, I had an email back telling me that they wanted to make it right, and they would send a replacement. They just needed to know what to send, where to send it, when did I want it delivered, and did they need to send a vase. I responded, thanking them for the replacement, and I would see how this order went before making a final decision on whether or not to place another order with them in the future. I did put a few things in just to see what they would do. I said that they initial order was for 2 dozen roses, but the money was completely refunded, and the order that died was a dozen roses. Also, while I didn't get the ruby vase I ordered, I did get a vase, so I suppose I don't need one. Now, I'll be happy to get a dozen roses, and if they live up at least close to what they're suppose to, I'll consider giving them another try.
    Now, I do know what I would do in this situation- I would send the initial order for the 2 dozen in a ruby vase. I agree that it's not to be expected, but it's the service the I would give in that position, and I did spend a decade in customer service business (I actually would drive an hour one way to take one of my regular customers a dozen blank VHS tapes, even though I didn't make much, simply because every other time he called, I would make a ton of money). I would expect at worst, getting the ruby vase. However, I'll be happy with getting the replacement flowers, especially if they live.

2. Remove Ads

Good luck
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

surprisingly they are decent with customer service and will try to do what they can to keep u as a customer. last year i had a problem with them not gettin the flowers there on the specified date, which kinda screws things up. so i ended up gettin free stuff and they refunded my shipping and they gave me 10% of the next order i make. i decided to use them this year and order a little earlier and i had no problems at all.

Links