CLP is useful..

This is a discussion on CLP is useful.. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Not really sure where to put this thread...but anyways.. We have a long sliding glass door as well as the door going into the garage ...

Thread: CLP is useful..

Exclamation CLP is useful..

Not really sure where to put this thread...but anyways..

We have a long sliding glass door as well as the door going into the garage that have been for years, kinda hard to open and kinda loud when you did open them..Well I got sick of it and figured I needed some lube...Well I am out of WD-40 so I figured what the hell, and sprayed some CLP on the tracks...I was amazed. The doors open amazing now and I am happy as can be..

Was this ok for me to use?

Any other ideas of where to use it?

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Was this ok for me to use? - Sure Was OK to use.

I use it pretty much exclusively in all honesty.
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

I ain't even gonna tell you were one Marine in our Plt use to use it. He preferred LSA but CLP would do in a pinch.

I used it on my window rails/slides and it's great.
    XD9 Service
    Bersa 380 Thunder
    Taurus 605
    ...a few others

Texas XD Practical Shooters Association

I use it on Computer fan bearings and bushings, and on the hinges of my glasses.

I once used it to salvage an air compressor that had been in a flooded basement. It had seized up. I took off the heads and cleaned the valves, soaked the pistons and filled the crank case with it. Once it broke free I put it back together and ran it for a minute with clp in the crank case. Changed it (flushing water out), repeated a few times. That was 2 yrs ago or so and it still runs.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoGators10 View Post
    ...sprayed some CLP on the tracks...I was amazed. The doors open amazing now and I am happy as can be...
    Multiple use items are wonderful: how often have we seen recommendations for Sharpies as make-do Kubotans?

With this under your belt, now you can scribble "Home Improvement" on the receipts for all of your gun store purchases! You get the idea: "Honest, Honey, we needed to clear the vents and I bought the ammo so I could shoot through the gunk!"

Be creative!

(Note: in the above scenario, since you're very concerned about safety, you'll have to take the vents out to the range to shoot them clear.)
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    I've used CLP on my garage door wheels; worked like a charm. I use it to clean off rust, to protect knives, lawn mowers, yard tools ... just about anything really.

I probably wouldn't use it as much but I got really good deal when I ... uh .... purchased several gallons from the Army surplus store.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

I used it (CLP) on the door latch mechanism (pawl) that kept sticking for our guest house.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

CLP is great for lots of things...and it is better at lubrication that WD-40...mainly because WD-40 is NOT a lubricant. They both have multiple uses though.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

wd-40 is good for spraying on black powder to make it useless - I use CLP for about everything else.

Austin

It is the modern equivalent of what we called "weasel piss" in the Seabees. Great penetrant/lubricant, but contains petroleum distillates, so I dont think prolonged contact with some plastics or vinyls will be favorable. That being said, I am no chemist.
    "You don't have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body." CS Lewis

S&W .41 Mag - Colt DS - Ruger Single Six - Ruger Security Six - Buckmark-Beretta 21A - S&W 351PD 22 Mag- Spfld XD 9mm -- Plenty Of Long Guns--- Dry Powder and RCBS.

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwing View Post
    Great penetrant/lubricant, but contains petroleum distillates, so I dont think prolonged contact with some plastics or vinyls will be favorable. That being said, I am no chemist.
    Personal experience: Rusted bolts soaking in a plastic cup filled with CLP = oily puddle on my garage floor.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

Links