Cop steals gun ?

Cop steals gun ?

This is a discussion on Cop steals gun ? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Seen on Foxnews.com this morning ! Friday, February 20, 2009 SAUGUS, Mass. — A Saugus police officer allegedly caught on surveillance video stealing a gun ...

Thread: Cop steals gun ?

Cop steals gun ?

Seen on Foxnews.com this morning !

Friday, February 20, 2009

SAUGUS, Mass. — A Saugus police officer allegedly caught on surveillance video stealing a gun has resigned.

Chief Domenic DiMella tells The Daily Item of Lynn that officer Jason LaBella sent him a one-sentence letter of resignation on Thursday.

LaBella, an Army veteran who has been a patrolman for less than two years, is facing a criminal larceny charge after he was allegedly caught on video tape stealing a handgun from a member of the Massachusetts Rifle Association, a Woburn-based gun club.

DiMella says LaBella was given the option of resigning or being fired.

Woburn police say a member of the gun club contacted them Jan. 22 after noticing a 9-millimeter Smith & Wesson handgun with five bullets inside was missing from a firing range.
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

VIP Member
    nice, I like the "one sentance" resignation letter.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Since he's looking at criminal charges that's probably what's best,There are some bad apples that slip thru the cracks in the hiring process,hopefully they get caught before they screw up an innocent persons life by planting fake evidence or lying under oath about an incident
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

What was the point of losing a career over something so stupid. Was he looking for a throwdown weapon? Bug? or planning something else that he needed an untraceable gun?

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    What was the point of losing a career over something so stupid. Was he looking for a throwdown weapon? Bug? or planning something else that he needed an untraceable gun?
    No point, just dumb.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Just be careful where you leave your weapons lying around, even if there's a cop watching it for you!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

anyone else would be charged for th crime... this person ONLY gets to choose between fired and quit?

Ok. that explains many of the issues some have wth law enforcement.

I keep reading the ONLY ONE argument and I've defended my friends that are cops. But cops need to start "cleaning house" cause I am seeing way to much of this "special" treatment some who have badges have been given. Another group are those who are elected in office and some judges (like a long while ago... somebody caught a Broward County judge smoking weed in a public park... and got nothing for it but a slap).
    “We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm” - George Orwell

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by homepcmd View Post
    anyone else would be charged for th crime... this person ONLY gets to choose between fired and quit?

Ok. that explains many of the issues some have wth law enforcement.

I keep reading the ONLY ONE argument and I've defended my friends that are cops. But cops need to start "cleaning house" cause I am seeing way to much of this "special" treatment some who have badges have been given. Another group are those who are elected in office and some judges (like a long while ago... somebody caught a Broward County judge smoking weed in a public park... and got nothing for it but a slap).
    Think you need to go back and read it again. The police chief is allowing him to resign - but he still will face criminal larceny charges.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    My thoughts exactly, and what kind of departmental environment exists that he would think that was in anyway appropriate or needed
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

That's just dumb. I hate when stuff like this happens.
    God Bless America!!

What kind of mentor does not teach the rookie to get his drop gun or throw away from a thug who won't complain about not being charged? Jeeezzz kids these days
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Sponsored Links