How many are something other than Christian?

This is a discussion on How many are something other than Christian? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Don't know if this thread will fly, but considering that Christians are a large majority, it would be easier to ask who isn't one. Hence ...

View Poll Results: If you're not Christian, what are you?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Muslim

1 2.78%
  • Hindu

1 2.78%
  • Jew

6 16.67%
  • Buddhist

1 2.78%
  • Nonbeliever

14 38.89%
  • Other

9 25.00%
  • Don't want to say, for fear of reprisals

4 11.11%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many are something other than Christian?

How many are something other than Christian?

Don't know if this thread will fly, but considering that Christians are a large majority, it would be easier to ask who isn't one.

Hence this poll.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    OK, I'll bite... Who gives a rats behind? Lets talk about guns and other common interests. I don't care if you dance with snakes or praise Allah. Lets discuss, argue or just plain ol cry about stuff.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Wow. Interesting results thus far. And no replies! Mayhaps that says something.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

VIP Member
    I answered the poll but am 100% with Sixto here. It is irrelevant to the purpose of the Concealed Carry forum; both this thread and the one asking who is a Christian.

There is an old saying about not discussing politics or religion with strangers. We do a little too much of both here though I think both subjects are still kept within forum rules bounds, just barely.

I'd be for tightening enforcement of the forum rules regarding both subjects.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    OK, I'll bite... Who gives a rats behind? Lets talk about guns and other common interests. I don't care if you dance with snakes or praise Allah. Lets discuss, argue or just plain ol cry about stuff.
    Double ditto...just don't get the fascination on whether someone is a Christian or whether sing hara krisna...

Rick

Oh, now you guys are trying to take all the fun out of the forum.

Seriously though. There has been just about every gun subject talked about on here already, and some have been talked about multiple times. For example when someone new comes in and says what do you do when you have to go to the bathroom, almost immediately someone says "use the search button" and posts 6 potty links.

I am not knocking that, but if we have talked about 90% of the gun issues already, and someplace in the DC archives is the answer, then really won't it just become a great big data base of previous conversation that can be searched.

Really I don't care about what religion anyone is, and it should not have any bearing on concealed carry or gun issues, except when someone might think their religion may conflict with the use of deadly force. But in those instances, I don't think this is the right place to be looking for spiritual guidance.

No, I am not trying to hi jack the thread. If we want to talk about what should or should not be allowed on the forum, I am sure Bumper would allow a thread with that content, but depending on where it went it might not last very long.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Bravo.

I find it interesting that all of the posts in the Christian thread are ones of affirmation and the majority of posts in this thread are "who cares"

I'm not sure what that says, but surely it says something...
    Freedom is a road seldom traveled by the multitude - Frederick Douglass

Undecided.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

VIP Member
    interestesting point trob09, I agree.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by trob09 View Post
    I find it interesting that all of the posts in the Christian thread are ones of affirmation and the majority of posts in this thread are "who cares"

That "something" simply is that the topic was posted in the wrong forum. It does not imply that any one on this forum is more or less of a Christian or more or less of something else.

Quote Originally Posted by trob09 View Post

I noticed the same.

Doesn't surprise me that more voted than posted.
    I'd really be curious to know who voted for "Other."

Oh, [Edited] I forgot to put "Pagan" in the poll!
    Hope the Goddess forgives me.
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; February 20th, 2009 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Deleted a language workaround.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Quote Originally Posted by cwblanco View Post
    That "something" simply is that the topic was posted in the wrong forum. It does not imply that any one on this forum is more or less of a Christian or more or less of something else.
    It's in the same place the "Who's a Christian" thread is.
    Now I'll be quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by gilraen View Post
    I noticed the same.

Doesn't surprise me that more voted than posted.
    I'd really be curious to know who voted for "Other."

Oh, *#&$ I forgot to put "Pagan" in the poll!
    Hope the Goddess forgives me.
    Count me as one of the "others"

No current (or previous) defined structure really matches with my beliefs well enough to say I am one or another.

Quote Originally Posted by cwblanco View Post
    Not really my point. Put another way, Why are there no posts in the Christian thread saying "who cares"?

I don't mean that as a criticism of either Christianity or non-Christian beliefs and I am not asking someone to go post "who cares" in that thread. It's just a sociological observation. Part of my joy in life is to stand around and wonder "why is that?".

I'll go back to wondering in silence.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links