i hate walmart

i hate walmart

This is a discussion on i hate walmart within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; i went in to my "friendly" neighborhood wal mart today to look at a mini maglite. I looked around for a bit and picked the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: i hate walmart

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar

i hate walmart

i went in to my "friendly" neighborhood wal mart today to look at a mini maglite. I looked around for a bit and picked the one I wanted. I saw an employee one aisle over doing some pricing or something. I walked up to her, smiled and asked "can I check out back here, or should I go to the front?" She looked at me, rolled her eyes at me, sighed loudly and slammed her equipment down. Without saying a word to me whatsoever (not even answering my question), she walked up to a register and started punching her code in. She rang up the flashlight and didn't even tell me the total. she just expected me to read it I suppose...

well, on their little credit card pads it asks a question "Were you greeted with a smile today?" (or something along those lines...) so I pushed the NO button. She saw me do this and nearly yelled "Did you just push NO!?!?" so I said, politely, "with that attitude you gave me, did you really expect me to say YES?" she says "you know that can get me into trouble, right?" and I smiled and said "let that be a lesson that customers ARE your job...not stocking and pricing shelves". She huffed and swore at me under her breath and handed me my receipt. I replied with "thanks, and I'm sorry you hate your job". On the way out, I made sure I told a manager about the situation...though I don't know they're really going to do anything about it.

Sad part is, most of my experiences have been somewhat like this at Wal Marts I've been too...

/rant off

-P
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Sounds like she had a really bad day.
    But I'm glad you did what you did.
    Even a forced smile is better than outright rudeness.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

dude, that's awsome!! I get such joy when I get that question with a rude cashier. My fiancee and I were in walmart a while back and walked by a girl standing at the end of the checkout isle waiting on people to checkout. Just to make sure, I asked if we could checkout there. She did the same roll eyes and huff trick...so we said forget it and walked down to another cashier.
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by gilraen View Post
    exactly. I used to work at Lowes. And sure I had bad days and days I was extremely busy stocking stuff, but if a customer came up and asked for help and seemed to be nice and all. I was typically as nice as I could be to them, no matter how irritated I was that I had to stop. And you could tell the customers really appreciated it.
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

Rude Employee

Quote Originally Posted by gilraen View Post
    Here's a suggestion when it comes to dealing with rude employees. Make a point of noticing the name on their name tag. Be sure and use it when you deal with these type people. This way the employee will realize you are serious about reporting them to a supervisor. If they think you'll remember their name they may have a change of attitude.

That's what I do anyway! Just a thought.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

jfl
    I've given up on Walmart:
    1. All their stuff is made in China
    2. The employees are either rude or missing.

Here the Target people are extrememly courteous and helpful ... but "made in China" too.
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

On the flip side, and in contrast to my similar encounters with the normal WM cashiers, I've noticed most of my encounters with cashiers in the firearms section have been very pleasant.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less."
    "Save in defense of my native State, with the sincere hope that my poor services may never be needed, I hope I may never be called on to draw my sword" - Gen. R. E. Lee

You did good; but, I probably would have asked them what I was suppossed to push and why while smiling?
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Had to chuckle...went to the military exchange expecting Mobile 1 oil to be cheaper...it was 90 cents more per quart and over $7 for 5 qts more expensive than Walmart (after the taxes). I don't care how rude the service is...that price difference makes my decision easy. Why does so many go to Walmart for ammo???....hummmm.

Rick

The employees at my local WM's (there are 3) are the same way except back in Sporting Goods and the Tire Lube Express. They seem to enjoy their job and sometimes can really offer good advice (especially when letting me know the date of the next shipment of WWB!).
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

This appears to boil down the the old price vs. service equation. Low price, bad service. Probably not too much more difficult than that.

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    I guess the internet has more threads complaining about Wal Mart than anything else. First, you did the right thing. Second, saying everything in Wal Mart comes from China - is correct for most things, but I seem to find almost everything at every store comes from China. The things that don't come from China seem to come from some country other than the US. Locally I have found the employees in our two stores to be quite nice. Probably a lack of strong management when you find these employees.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

Yep, I can never recall a good Wal Mart shopping experience. I hate the place too and rarely go there.

Most of their employees around here are rude and have zero customer servce skills. Not often, but every once in a while, I will encounter fair to good service there.
    And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Quote Originally Posted by jfl View Post
    I've given up on Walmart:
    1. All their stuff is made in China
    2. The employees are either rude or missing.

Here the Target people are extrememly courteous and helpful ... but "made in China" too.

The only problem I have with our Target is the "No Weapons" sign they have posted in the parking lot..

Not on the store. And not sure the signs are legal. I don't ask them, and act like I never saw the sign. There are two of them one on one side of the parking lot one on the other.
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Sorry you had a bad experience at Wal-mart. Not all of us are like that. I can assure that the I have had the same experience with some of our customers that you had with the employee. I make no excuses for her conduct. Politeness just isn't that important any more I guess. Human beings can be odd creatures.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links