Feds: City felon brought Bloods to gun range for shoot ’em ups

This is a discussion on Feds: City felon brought Bloods to gun range for shoot ’em ups within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This maybe the wrong forum to post this is, but I find this article and comments interesting. Feds: City felon brought Bloods to gun range ...

Thread: Feds: City felon brought Bloods to gun range for shoot ’em ups

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Wow, I have only shot there twice both times for IDPA. So I never saw any shady characters. The facility is real nice excellent ventilation and air circulation on the range. In two visits I don't have anything negative to say about them.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

One thing to remember, this is a NJ paper. I'm surprised there are no comments (yet) to my reply.

" For the person that made a comment about requiring a permit to be allowed to shoot. PA is an open carry state, you can open carry in 95% of the state without any permit. How could RAF require a permit when the state doesn't?

For the LE that made the comment about not going back. Don't let the door slam you on the way out. If you felt so unsafe or knew there was an issue don't you have responsibility to do something to improve the situation and not just turn away?

Racial profiling is totally wrong, haven't we learned anything from WWII?

I've been going to RAF for several years and will continue. The guys there are always friendly and willing to lend a hand. With all the crap going in in our country attempting to remove our 2nd amendment rights, we should be standing up and supporting RAF and not attempting to slam them.

What would be interesting is running a yearly $15 background check for members and possibly making it mandatory for non-members whenever they shoot.

RAF - see you tomorrow, I'll be there. "

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    interesting article. i sometimes wonder about the ranges i visit around suburban detroit...
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

My comment;

The writer of this article must have made the editor proud. I have seen few stories that were more slanted and agenda driven.

The real fault for this felon's ability to move about in public and pretend to be a productive citizen rests with the justice system that failed to keep him locked up on the numberous felonies he was convicted of. Why was he on the street?

Don't fault the gun range. I am sure they would be happy to have the property rights that would allow them to tell anyone they wanted to get out and don't let the door hit you on the way. They do not. The same benificent legal minds which offered their condemnation of this business for their failure to act responsibly are the very same ones who took away the right to turn away people who don't look the way you want them to.
    But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself...
    "Baa."
    LTC(RET) Dave Grossman

Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter Qualification: Cook

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pcon View Post
    interesting article. i sometimes wonder about the ranges i visit around suburban detroit...
    You wouldn't be refering to the hood rats that infest Top Gun by chance?

Sponsored Links