NOT Humor: Teen vanishes on way to school, CA

This is a discussion on NOT Humor: Teen vanishes on way to school, CA within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; CNN News Teen vanishes on way to school Published: 2/22/09, 12:00 PM EDT By Emanuella Grinberg CNN (CNN) - Last Friday the 13th was supposed ...

VIP Member

CNN News

Teen vanishes on way to school
    Published: 2/22/09, 12:00 PM EDT
    By Emanuella Grinberg CNN

(CNN) - Last Friday the 13th was supposed to be a special day for 14-year-old Amber Leeanne DuBois.

She left her home in Escondido, California, around 7 a.m. for school with a check in hand, a down payment on a baby lamb that she was going to raise and care for as part of her Future Farmers of America class.

It was a day that she'd been looking forward to for more than a year, her family says. But she never made it to school and hasn't been heard from since, prompting authorities to launch a massive search for the missing teen.

See remainder of the story here:
    AT&T

NOT good.
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

VIP Member
    This is Sad, it is happening too much. I live alone but I keep a eye on the Kids in my neigbour hood, if I see a strange vehicle outside I will walk out and check it out just in case.

Scary stuff that....

This is a tragedy and I hope and pray they find here intact someplace, the loss of a child is always tragic

My story is PC... Pre Cell phone.... the Wife N I went on a weekend trip, we left the kids with grandma which lived less than 2 miles away....

My youngest daughter about 14-15 at the time had her 4H animals at our home and they required daily attention. It was decided she would ride her bicycle home once a day to attend to the critters. We live in the country and I as dad worried that she may encounter a sicko in her travels.

Now She is a good shot and very familiar with my guns and their safety (yes she had her own)... So I handed her my .22 Mag derringer and said keep this on you at all times.... nothing happened, but if it had I would have been willing to bet on the outcome, and believe me Jail time for me was far more desirable to loosing her or having her.... well you know. But I felt better knowing she was protected even though I could not be there.

Now she is 27, is a life NRA member, has her CCW, and carries the SW .357 I bought her for her 21st birthday, which she used once to kill a red pit bull that was attacking her and her animals.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

VIP Member
    Sheldon J. Good Job to You as a Parent.

Links