Hi Point Forum Funnies

Hi Point Forum Funnies

This is a discussion on Hi Point Forum Funnies within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well you know how the subject of SHTF has been popping up lately? I was over at the Hi Point Forums reading for fun and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi Point Forum Funnies

Hi Point Forum Funnies

Well you know how the subject of SHTF has been
    popping up lately? I was over at the Hi Point Forums
    reading for fun and in the section Survival Zone a
    guy is asking if he can live off of dog food?

dog food?

I think I would take anything before that. How
    about a can of beans buddy?

Gravy Train! Come on man....sounds good to me! Ok not really, beans are a much better idea.
    God Bless America!!

Only a hi-point owner! LOL. OK I used to have a hi point.....
    EVIL PREVAILS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO ACT.

mrm
    All Ive got to say is MAN VS WILD is the king of what a guy can survive on

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by ErikGr7 View Post
    ... I was over at the Hi Point Forums
    reading for fun and in the section Survival Zone a
    guy is asking if he can live off of dog food?

dog food?
    canned or dry?
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Anyone who ever tried the old C-Ration beef stew knows you can. That stuff smelled exactly like Alpo when it was cold.

Administrator
    It only makes sense. He who relies on a Hi Point shall eat dog food.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Actually, a bag of kibble is not an unreasonable thing to toss in the trunk at the beginning of winter. No way do you really WANT to eat it, so it will stay there until you NEED it. But it would work.

For cheap stored food, though, I would go for wheat I could boil or sprout, in food service buckets, with a chunk of dry ice thrown in as you fill (leave lid loose until it all vaporizes and burps properly).
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Quote Originally Posted by ErikGr7 View Post
    a guy is asking if he can live off of dog food?
    dog food?
    We used to have a employee Al who everyday who open Allpo for our yard dog and he would take a bite to try it out needless to say watching it turns your stomach.

So one day ASPCA comes in on a complaint that we are miss treating one of our dogs at other location. Al happens to be working there and the ASPCA says that it doesn't look like the dog doesn't have enough food. So Al opens a can and says" I give the dog some of my food everyday and I take some of his." Takes a fork and starts eatting right out of the can. ASPCA agent almost tosses his cookies in the office he walks outside to get some air and gets in his and leaves. Never came back. Wonder why?

I've worked in industrial automation for decades, mostly in food processing, a bunch in meat processing. I've seen the stuff that gets sent to pet food companies from beef, poultry, and pork plants, and how it is stored and transported.

Every varmint in my area, every squirrel, opossum, crayfish, rat, whatever, would have to be extinct before I'd start looking at dog food as a protein source.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Bear Grylls (Man vs. Wild) has been proven to be a bit of a fraud. And a fool, drinking his own urine straight. Les Stroud (Survivorman) is dah man, when it comes to survival shows.

One of my chores as a kid was feeding our dog, and she ate canned food. The smell alone would make me gag, even after a dozen years or so. I can't imagine trying to eat the stuff willingly.

-JT

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmidkiff View Post
    Every varmint in my area, every squirrel, opossum, crayfish, rat, whatever, would have to be extinct before I'd start looking at dog food as a protein source.
    Which brings to mind the film The Patriot

Billings: I say we drink the wine, eat the dogs, and use the papers for musket wadding.
    Reverend: Eat the dogs?!
    Benjamin: Aye, dog is a fine meal.
    Reverend: ...Good heavens.
    —The Patriot
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    I have eaten dog food in the past. (Some amount of booze may of been involved.) It is made by the same sanitation standards as regular canned food. So it won't make you sick or anything unless it is made in China.
    However on a pure survival standpoint I don't beleive it has the right amount of nutrition for you to survive off of it long. Not enough fat and vitamins. Also it is just as cheap if not cheaper to just purchase regular long term food supplies and learn how to cook.

So could you? Sure. Would it be wise? Not so much.

Just looking at what goes into it, I could argue that hotdogs would be worse for you than canned dog food in the long run, but it would probably spare you some looks.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

I see nothing wrong with it. I would eat all the nasty little things you say are in it if I were hungry enough. All I can hope for is fire and water.
    "When seconds count between Life and Death, the Police are only Minutes away." - Phillip Van Cleave (October 30, 2007)
    Freedoms lost are seldom restored
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have" Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    Anyone who ever tried the old C-Ration beef stew knows you can. That stuff smelled exactly like Alpo when it was cold.
    Yup

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links