What's the last movie you watched?

This is a discussion on What's the last movie you watched? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; And how did you like it? I just watched Taken and go ahead and put that up there with one of the best movies I've ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the last movie you watched?

What's the last movie you watched?

And how did you like it?

I just watched Taken and go ahead and put that up there with one of the best movies I've seen in a while (along with Gran Torino).

I just found it refreshing to finally watch a movie with minimal B.S. and a total B.A. taking care of business - stop all the dialogue, just do what you gotta do - I loved it.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    As we speak I'm working my way through the 1974 series The World at War. Granted it's not a movie, but it's 26 hours of very intense footage. Very sobering stuff. I'll watch something lighter after I get through it.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Mad Max (1979) on dvd

At home: Pan's Labyrinth

At the theatre: Gran Torino

Both were good. Pan's Labyrinth was surprisingly good. I ended up buying it.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Quote Originally Posted by snuggles View Post
    And how did you like it?

I just watched Taken and go ahead and put that up there with one of the best movies I've seen in a while (along with Gran Torino).

I just found it refreshing to finally watch a movie with minimal B.S. and a total B.A. taking care of business - stop all the dialogue, just do what you gotta do - I loved it.

my last movie was taken too!!!

and it was damn good.

ummmm...I watched The Duchess last night with my fiancee....wasn't exactly my favorite movie, but I lived through it.

But to make up for it, Eagle Eye is on its way via Netflix for tomorrow night

Can't even remember last movie in the theater, those are getting too expensive for me. I just wait for Netflix to get em.
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

I watched Kingdom of Heaven again last night. Going to re-watch Black Hawk Down in a few minutes. No one does epic emotional conflict and redemption like Ridley Scott.

My favorite movie? Check the username/avatar. ;)

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Last weekend I watched A History of Violence it is a few years old 2005 I think. It stars Viggo Mortensen and Ed Harris who I really liked in the more recent movie Apaloosa. I really can't say to much about A History of Violence without giving away the entire story, the title can give a hint.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikGr7 View Post
    Mad Max (1979) on dvd
    Bet you didn't think it was going to be a documentary, did you?

Taking Chance
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Taking Chance.

It was a very good movie, was done very well and Kevin Bacon did a great job.

However, I have no desire to see it again.

Back when I was in uniform, back in the 80’s, nothing seemed to bother me. Now I seem to get more emotional about some of the smaller things. Seeing how the civilians treated Lt. Col. Michael Strobl and PFC Chance Phelps literally brought tears to my eyes. This is a movie that I would recommend everybody see at least once. But for myself once is enough.

Back when I was growing up the military was looked down on by most people and those coming back from Viet Nam were treated very poorly. When I was in the military, people seemed to be fairly neutral towards the military and treated us with neither respect nor distain. Now, however, people seem to be much more appreciative of the job that the military does. Regardless of whether they agree with us being “over there” or not, people at least treat the individual Soldier/Marine/Sailor/Airman with respect and appreciation.

BlackJack, I understand. I might have stayed longer if I had not gotten spit on in airports and called baby-killer. It was a different world and a different time. Thank you for stepping up. You shared - so here it comes.

I am man. I am a veteran. I cry over films. I have tried half a dozen times and I cannot get through Glory in one sitting. Same thing with Black Hawk Down which I am starting in about ten minutes. And Kingdom of Heaven that I watched last night. I have a long list... There are some films that I will never watch. Something in these films burns me deeply. I am not sure I want to find out what happens if the burn goes away.

What happens here stays here, right? I am cool. You be cool. Take therapy where ever it comes from.

The last movie? The Lost Pearl, or whatever that piece of Johnny Depp trash was called........

Secondhand Lion! A great movie!

The favorites.......Band of Brothers, for the xteenth time. Saving Private Ryan.

Yep, as I age I have gotten more emotional and at times feel horribly or wonderfully maudlin. I don't care tho. I don't care what anybody else thinks, and my family knows me well enough.

LOL, Meryl Streep movies always make me cry......

Will see the recent hits on TV or DVD someday. Hate theaters.

/S/ Grumpy Old Man

I'm currently watching Step Brothers.

Laughing my ass off!

At the theater? Kung Fu Panda with the kids. It wasn't all that good

On DVD? The Boondock(sp?) Saints. That movie was VERY entertaining....funny,
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links