If you were born in 1980 or before.....

This is a discussion on If you were born in 1980 or before..... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Its probably just me but, I thought the television shows were better back in the 80's. We have The A-Team, Knight Rider and the Fall ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If you were born in 1980 or before.....

Its probably just me but, I thought the television shows were better back in the 80's.

We have The A-Team, Knight Rider and the Fall Guy.

Always wondered with all the shooting The A-Team did,
    it was a miracle no one ever got shot

Hmm..all that shooting at a early age. Maybe, why I have
    this interest in guns now that I'm grown

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ErikGr7 View Post
    Its probably just me but, I thought the television shows were better back in the 80's.

We have The A-Team, Knight Rider and the Fall Guy.

We got Knight rider now but it's no where as good (except for the car)

Always wondered with all the shooting The A-Team did,
    it was a miracle no one ever got shot

They were professionals

Hmm..all that shooting at a early age. Maybe, why I have
    this interest in guns now that I'm grown

I don't know if that's why I'm into guns or not. Never had any around the house growing up.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by alfack View Post
    And you could walk down the street carrying a BB gun without having to worry about having someone call SWAT on you! If you got caught doing something mischievous with it, you got spanked and grounded, none of this wussy time-out stuff.
    I was in 4th grade in 1984 in Goldsboro, NC. I shot a school bus with a BB gun. I mean, this was a world-class sniper shot. There was NO FRIGGIN way I was actually going to hit this this retreating target at what seemed like a 1000 meters. No such luck. Cracked a window, witnesses saw me with the BB gun, I broke under questioning by the Principal.

My punishment? HE BEAT THE HELL OUT OF ME WITH A PADDLE. Try doing that today...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    Tape decks?!? You spoiled rotten brat...my first truck had an 8 track and I was thrilled about it.
    8 track! My first car had a AM radio, I requisitioned a speaker from the drive in theater and wired it in for a "stereo" effect! In fact my first car was a Studebaker Lark, the 30 crowd probably doesn't know what that is!

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Well, I turn 30 tomorrow. Where do I fit? I'm definitely in the 80s crowd. My mom would sometimes take me to her friend's house so they could spank me. All over town, just to get spanked.

Anyone remember those blue race car tracks for hot wheels? The ones with the yellow stripes? Oh yeah, I got whipped with those things, they sting.

How many people got swats at school? I wonder if any schools can spank kids, anymore?

Nate
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    8 track! My first car had a AM radio, I requisitioned a speaker from the drive in theater and wired it in for a "stereo" effect! In fact my first car was a Studebaker Lark, the 30 crowd probably doesn't know what that is!
    My first was a '64 F100...I still miss that truck. It even came stock with the 8 track... Wish I would have kept it around.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

How many people got swats at school?
    I know I got them.

I'll be 28 in May and I remember all that.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

I remember getting up for sat. morning cartoons and watching a test pattern for an hour
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Well, I got 1980 beat by better than 15 years. I just wonder what my 17 year old will cry about to his kids. "dude, you actually had to steer the car with one hand, and text with the other! Your car drives itself, and your phone runs on brain waves"
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

If I wanted a copy of something there was no Xerox, only an Underwood.
    I know, obscure references that no one will get...

Quote Originally Posted by Holger View Post
    I was in 4th grade in 1984 in Goldsboro, NC. I shot a school bus with a BB gun. I mean, this was a world-class sniper shot. There was NO FRIGGIN way I was actually going to hit this this retreating target at what seemed like a 1000 meters. No such luck. Cracked a window, witnesses saw me with the BB gun, I broke under questioning by the Principal.

My punishment? HE BEAT THE HELL OUT OF ME WITH A PADDLE. Try doing that today...
    ROTF, they would have you locked up in GITMO now.
    a school buss? what were you thinking?
    Im 42 by the way.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

First TV set was Black & White and we had one local station. Networks came a couple years later. We had games like Monopoly which we used as the base for a new game of our invention. We cut out pictures from Donald Duck comic books, glued them over the board and called the game"Duckburg". We actually would play outside. We would go out in the morning and return in the evening. Parents never knew where we were and didn't care as long as we were home before dark. Not only were the cartoons on Sat. morning, but we had Flash Gorden and Hoppalong Cassidy. By the time I was 16 and started driving I had to buy my own car. Gas was $.15 a gallon and they pumped it for you as well as washing your windows and checking your oil. For kicks we would do battle with the wasp nests in the palm trees across the street with our BB Guns. I still remember the day the wasps won. My first car was a 1948 Studabaker Champion with overdrive. Those were the days. Guns were sold at the local hardware stores, Surplus stores, Sears, Etc.
    Herter's was the Cabela's of the day and sold guns by Mail order. NO 4473 FORMS. My first gun was bought at 16, A Winchester Model 12 followed by a couple Ruger Blackhawks and a Single Six. My first "Major" gun which I still have was a nickel plated Colt Python that cost $135.00 and it was the most expensive gun in the case. Yes kids do have it easy today or do they? I sometimes think the absolute worst invention of all mankind is the cell phone!

i'm only 23 but that was still humerous to me. I miss the old cartoons these new ones suck. i'll watch johnny quest any day. tom and jerry anyone? i'll admit i haven't used a card catalogue in years..wonder if i still know how

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Saturday morning cartoons...watching the Roadrunner with my Dad. Didn't Johnny Quest play at night? My older brother and I would take our .22 rifles down to the railroad tracks and walk down them to an empty field and plink. I can't begin to imagine how that would play today. We had a color TV that had pushbuttons you could tune to any channel (but no remote - my brothers and I were the remote for the TV). We didn't have a bookstore in my hometown. If you wanted a book you went to the Library and checked it out. If they didn't have it, you put in a request and waited until it was purchased by the main library and they got around to your request in a few weeks to a few months.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links