How I spent my weekend.

This is a discussion on How I spent my weekend. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; YouTube - 2009 Florida State IDPA Match 2/27-3/1 The Florida West Coast Defensive Pistol Club hosted the 2009 Florida IDPA State Championship. It was great ...

Thread: How I spent my weekend.

VIP Member

How I spent my weekend.

YouTube - 2009 Florida State IDPA Match 2/27-3/1

The Florida West Coast Defensive Pistol Club hosted the 2009 Florida IDPA State Championship. It was great fun and all the kudos in the world for the club. It was very well organized, the stages were fun and challenging to shoot and the range is a just too much. They have a beautiful clubhouse with its own bar! .... No, you can't shoot and drink and they are strict about it.

So, if anybody in the forum is a member of the Florida West Coast Defensive Pistol Club, my congratulations and the congratulations of my club (The noisy bunch of loonies with the ugly pale-brown t-shirts.) You guys surpassed any and all expectations and we want to go back!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

2. Remove Ads

Looks like tons of fun, BTW were you in the video?
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

VIP Member
    Nope... That would make it "R" and a public nuisance

IDPA is fun and the sanctioned matches makes it even more so. You pit yourself against equally good (or bad) people, you never leave without learning something, make new friends, revisit old ones, etc.

Our squad (Lucky 13) had the pleasure to shoot with Super Dave Harrington. Not only it was amazing to see him in action, but he was kind enough to give us pointers to make us better competitors. Unfortunately some of us were beyond fixing. I also had a chance to share a couple of minutes with Mas Ayoob, Gail Pepin and the LFI squad, always a pleasure to deal with them. And last but not least, the great pleasure of shooting and sharing with 180 shooters from all over the US: Florida, Georgia, Texas, Pennsylvania, Missouri and I know I am missing a couple of other states.
    Last edited by Miggy; March 4th, 2009 at 11:00 PM. Reason: adding info
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

fun weekends

i'd say a fun way to spend the weekend is shooting a few hundred rds. getting
    your weapons all dirty,then clean um up and look forward to doing it again
    next weekend.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

It's always fun to get together with people from all over to share tips and stories. Man you really got to rub elbows with some of the greats. Good luck and have fun.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Links