gun store owner - Page 3

gun store owner

This is a discussion on gun store owner within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Scott I don't know, Costco, Sam's Club and many other "buyers clubs" seem to do ok. Maybe this shop's prices are that ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: gun store owner

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott
    I don't know, Costco, Sam's Club and many other "buyers clubs" seem to do ok. Maybe this shop's prices are that good. Maybe not, I don't know.
    -Scott-
    Scott,

I am a member of both Costco and Sam's Club. ANYONE can walk in and ask for a free one-day pass (they pay a premium if they buy that way) to walk around and look over the store.

They don't charge you to come in and browse! That is the big difference between what this guy is doing and what the buyers clubs do.

All he'll do is piss potential customers off and lose business . . . and that is all that he deserves!

Maybe he should make his web site a "pay" site, as well. . .

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

madmike... QUIET ,lol. don't want him getting anymore ideas.

wonder how long till he either

a goes out of business

or

b stops charging

Wow, at first I thought this was a joke until I looked at the website. Now, it is clear that someone's policy is the joke.

Also, is it just me, or are the prices not that great? I checked prices on a couple of items that I have recently purchased, and got better deals here.

The shooting industry doesn't need retailers like this, the anti's do enough to harm the sport the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by kastiron
    Wow, at first I thought this was a joke until I looked at the website. Now, it is clear that someone's policy is the joke.

Also, is it just me, or are the prices not that great? I checked prices on a couple of items that I have recently purchased, and got better deals here.

The shooting industry doesn't need retailers like this, the anti's do enough to harm the sport the way it is.

Your right i just checked the prices and they are not anything spiecal

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    Don't make me break the pic out S&S don't make me do it
    <Don Adams as Maxwell Smart secret agent 86 from "Get Smart series"> "
    Soooooooooooooo Bud............it's the Old S&S trick huh?? pretttty sneaky indeed".............<rubbing chin>
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH
    <Don Adams as Maxwell Smart secret agent 86 from "Get Smart series"> "
    Soooooooooooooo Bud............it's the Old S&S trick huh?? pretttty sneaky indeed".............<rubbing chin>

what a deal at his place. not only do i get to pay $50.00 to look at a gun (refundable unless it takes more than 1/2 hour), i get to pay more for a gun according to his web site.
    bersa .380 duotone. his price..$261.99
    local gun range price..$210.00
    msrp..$256.95
    too bad i got mine at the range, i missed a great deal at his place.

i just received this reply from guns4u.

Dear Craig

Thanks for the e-mail. Actually several hundred of our customers have already congratulated us for going to members only, want to be included, and think it was the best way to improve prices and service here. And as you have read on our web site, anyone who wants to become a member here may easily do so, if they think it is worthwhile for them and we will be working with all our customers to make sure that they are not left out.

And all but you seem to think it is a good idea to get rid of the people who are not members, and just waste our time (or as I call them looky-loos) and do not think that someone should make someone else work for three to four hours a day for free. Would you? If you would, come on by we have a job for you. Since you object to nonmembers having to pay for the advice that they receive when they are not planning on buying anything, I do not know what to tell you except I thought it was a way to service nonmembers, but I may change it so that only members, with no exceptions will be able to use our facilities, that will eliminate your grievance.

And as for our gun prices I know we try to have the best overall, and I know for an absolute fact no one else supplies as many guns to the citizenry as we do, making as little profit on them as we do. And I will bet you $1000 cash on that fact, (if you want to put your money where your mouth is.) And I have the records to prove it.

Before you compared prices you should have learned the difference between a new gun and a used one.

Sometimes, one dealer or another may have a better price than we do on a particular item, but if you compare 1,000 guns off our web site to that of any guns store in the area, it is not even close, you will see we are $50 to $150 cheaper per gun here on most major gun lines.

Since it appears you did not like the price that you paid for the guns that you bought here, you won't have to worry about purchasing anymore here. It is people with attitudes like yours that have convinced us to go to members only. I would rather deal with the 6,000 customers we have that appreciate us and let others and their neighbors go someplace else!

Sincerely

Brian DeLisle

STORE HOURS

THUR: 10-7

FRI: 10-7

SAT: 10-7

SUN: 10-5

MON: Closed

TUE: Closed except By Pre-Appointment ONLY For Group Shooting and Pickups

WED: Closed

Quote Originally Posted by craig45
    i just received this reply from guns4u.

Dear Craig

Thanks for the e-mail. Actually several hundred of our customers have already congratulated us for going to members only, want to be included, and think it was the best way to improve prices and service here. And as you have read on our web site, anyone who wants to become a member here may easily do so, if they think it is worthwhile for them and we will be working with all our customers to make sure that they are not left out.

And all but you seem to think it is a good idea to get rid of the people who are not members, and just waste our time (or as I call them looky-loos) and do not think that someone should make someone else work for three to four hours a day for free. Would you? If you would, come on by we have a job for you. Since you object to nonmembers having to pay for the advice that they receive when they are not planning on buying anything, I do not know what to tell you except I thought it was a way to service nonmembers, but I may change it so that only members, with no exceptions will be able to use our facilities, that will eliminate your grievance.

And as for our gun prices I know we try to have the best overall, and I know for an absolute fact no one else supplies as many guns to the citizenry as we do, making as little profit on them as we do. And I will bet you $1000 cash on that fact, (if you want to put your money where your mouth is.) And I have the records to prove it.

Before you compared prices you should have learned the difference between a new gun and a used one.

Sometimes, one dealer or another may have a better price than we do on a particular item, but if you compare 1,000 guns off our web site to that of any guns store in the area, it is not even close, you will see we are $50 to $150 cheaper per gun here on most major gun lines.

Since it appears you did not like the price that you paid for the guns that you bought here, you won't have to worry about purchasing anymore here. It is people with attitudes like yours that have convinced us to go to members only. I would rather deal with the 6,000 customers we have that appreciate us and let others and their neighbors go someplace else!

Sincerely

Brian DeLisle

STORE HOURS

THUR: 10-7

FRI: 10-7

SAT: 10-7

SUN: 10-5

MON: Closed

TUE: Closed except By Pre-Appointment ONLY For Group Shooting and Pickups

WED: Closed
    What a jerk i wouldn't bother myself with him anymore my dealer beats his prices by a long ways

no problem there. i sent a reply wishing him good luck in his business endeavors.i also told him i was thinking about implementing the same fee for select customers where i work. i repair mowers, tractors and GENERATORS, a biggie in the hurricane state. we're basically the only shop within 30 miles. he's brought his stuff in before. wonder how he's gonna look the next time he brings it in and i tell him about our new exclusive(for special customers) estimate/repair policy? i probably won't but the idea sounds real good.

no problem there. i sent a reply wishing him good luck in his business endeavors.i also told him i was thinking about implementing the same fee for select customers where i work. i repair mowers, tractors and GENERATORS, a biggie in the hurricane state. we're basically the only shop within 30 miles. he's brought his stuff in before. wonder how he's gonna look the next time he brings it in and i tell him about our new exclusive(for special customers) estimate/repair policy? i probably won't but the idea sounds real good.

Lol good ideal ...

I used to repair that stuff glad i don't anymore lot warmer working on stuff in the house than outside here

VIP Member
    no problem there. i sent a reply wishing him good luck in his business endeavors.i also told him i was thinking about implementing the same fee for select customers where i work. i repair mowers, tractors and GENERATORS, a biggie in the hurricane state.
    And before you start charging fees for asking, Got a good used generator for sale? 3500 W or so.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

one day special. no charge info/advice for forum members. one day only,lol. we don't have any used gennies. they sold quick about 8 hours before the last hurricane. it's best to get a new one. most used ones have been run at or more than their rated capacity and are close to quitting. no way to tell until they do. best to stick with the bigger brands for parts availability/product support. generac/briggs, dewalt,devilbiss, coleman, kubota(major$$$$), yamaha($$$), honda($$$$). any other questions feel free to pm me. i'll answer if i can, or find out what you want to know.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links