Wireless home security system.... you?

This is a discussion on Wireless home security system.... you? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; EBAYS MOST ADVANCED WIRELESS HOME SECURITY SYSTEM ALARM - eBay (item 260372858218 end time Apr-05-09 08:54:04 PDT) GE ITI Simon XT 600-1054-95R Wireless Security System ...

Thread: Wireless home security system.... you?

EBAYS MOST ADVANCED WIRELESS HOME SECURITY SYSTEM ALARM - eBay (item 260372858218 end time Apr-05-09 08:54:04 PDT)

GE ITI Simon XT 600-1054-95R Wireless Security System + - eBay (item 220329030794 end time Mar-12-09 17:57:53 PDT)

Does anyone have something similar at home? Are they reliable? Comments, suggestions?

I'm looking for a home security system but I am currently renting and do not want to install a permanent system. Also I'm kinda turned off by the 3 year contract with ADT.

I would just like something to wake me up at night and so my wife will feel safer when she's at home with the baby. I'm not set on these particular models but something similar.

P.S. Sure, I know there are probably some Home Security Forums out there, but I do not want advice from a bunch of !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    If you really need it, you will need it really fast. ALWAYS one in the chamber.
    Nuf said!

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    I use the X-10 Home system and it uses a base with wireless motion sensors. I always know when there's activity on the outside of my house. I dont use sensors inside my house because we have pets that will set them off. This works good for us.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

[QUOTE=cv7713;1063033P.S. Sure, I know there are probably some Home Security Forums out there, but I do not want advice from a bunch of !!! [/QUOTE]

Not all of us out there are .

Now to answer your question, the first one looked like something off the wall brand stuff. Teh second one is ITI, very well known and reliable company, only problem is they are now owned by GE. The draw backs to this system is the "learn mode" of sensor programming (some dealers like it, I hate it).

I use DSC, and I can get you a self contained system like the ITI one. The system is keypad programmable and sensors are programmed by entering an electronic serial number into the keypad.

If you are interested, PM me with exact number of sensors (how many doors contacts, and how many motions, and smoke detectors (if you want to go that far) and I will get something together for you..

Quote Originally Posted by cv7713 View Post
    EBAYS MOST ADVANCED WIRELESS HOME SECURITY SYSTEM ALARM - eBay (item 260372858218 end time Apr-05-09 08:54:04 PDT)

GE ITI Simon XT 600-1054-95R Wireless Security System + - eBay (item 220329030794 end time Mar-12-09 17:57:53 PDT)

Does anyone have something similar at home? Are they reliable? Comments, suggestions?

I'm looking for a home security system but I am currently renting and do not want to install a permanent system. Also I'm kinda turned off by the 3 year contract with ADT.

I would just like something to wake me up at night and so my wife will feel safer when she's at home with the baby. I'm not set on these particular models but something similar.

P.S. Sure, I know there are probably some Home Security Forums out there, but I do not want advice from a bunch of !!!
    I put this system in my place over the holiday. Works great and easy to set up. The thing I love the most about it is that it can call up to four phones if there is an alarm. I like this because I have my cellphone and both my kids and my wife's programmed. I don't want them walking into a home that someone is in that shouldn't be there. If you wish to do monitoring Wireless Home Security with DIY Burglar Alarms - Free Shipping! has a deal for $9 per month. They are also great to deal with from a selection and technical support stand point.

Here's the company we use for a simple set up that is monitored:

Protection One: The Leader in Customized Home and Business Security Systems

It is a GE Subsidiary, and all of the hardware is GE.

Has been totally problem free and easy to install. The have good specials, as well as a good referral program.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Sorry, I'm leary of 'phone call ' systems. My father had one that always called me when he got home. I got real tired of that.

I have one that sets off 2 - 135 decibel horns that will alert 1/2 of the town I live in, including those at the Police station.... it's loud enough they will need to change their pants afterwards if it goes off. Plus, my 2 dogs are waiting on the other side.

Sponsored Links