How To Clean Cat Urine Out Of A Leather Chair?

This is a discussion on How To Clean Cat Urine Out Of A Leather Chair? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ok so my aunt has decided to throw out two 800 dollar leather chairs, due to the fact that they REEK of cat urine. she ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ok so my aunt has decided to throw out two 800 dollar leather chairs, due to the fact that they REEK of cat urine. she offered them to me, and i took one hoping to be able to find some way to get the urine smell out. now obviously the easiest thing would to have not let the cat go on it in the first place, duh.
    but since its said and done, im sitting here trying to figure out a way to best rid the smell. since it is a real high quality leather, obviously i cant jsut pull the covers off the cushions and throw them in the washer. life isnt that easy. can a dry cleaner clean leather? or what should i do?

thanks guys

Anti-Icky-Poo

Anti Icky Poo | Cat Spraying | Remove Cat Urine Smell-Odor 100%

If it doesn't work, nothing will.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

I don't know what all the steps in the process are, but somewhere near the end are these two:

X. Slap aunt silly for letting the foul critters destroy nice leather furniture in the first place ; and

X+1. Shoot cats.

VIP Member
    Whatever product you might try, be sure and test it out in a obscure spot on the leather so if it mars the leather you won't see it forever.

Those big chain pet stores usually have some products also that will neutralize cat urine. Also I think that urine will show up under a "blacklight" so that might help you pinpoint your odor stain.

Good luck, and don't forget another cat might be able to pick up traces of the urine on the chair and start the whole process over again, even after you've cleaned it and can't detect any odor.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by matiki View Post
    Anti-Icky-Poo

Anti Icky Poo | Cat Spraying | Remove Cat Urine Smell-Odor 100%

If it doesn't work, nothing will.

ok cool ill try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by XDFender View Post
    I don't know what all the steps in the process are, but somewhere near the end are these two:

X. Slap aunt silly for letting the foul critters destroy nice leather furniture in the first place ; and

X+1. Shoot cats.

i love x+1, but said aunt would shoot me :( lol
    Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    Whatever product you might try, be sure and test it out in a obscure spot on the leather so if it mars the leather you won't see it forever.

Those big chain pet stores usually have some products also that will neutralize cat urine. Also I think that urine will show up under a "blacklight" so that might help you pinpoint your odor stain.

Good luck, and don't forget another cat might be able to pick up traces of the urine on the chair and start the whole process over again, even after you've cleaned it and can't detect any odor.

im not worried about discoloring it. its destroyed either way, its not pinpointing the stain per se, i know where it is, i jsut need to get it out. . . thanks. yeah this is sort of a last ditch effort before it goes to the dump.

The only way to remove cat P smell is to spray it with a mixture of baking soda, chlorine bleach diluted 20-1 and once soaked use a wet VAC to remove the stuff, and repeat, not good for leather but works great on fabric.

You have to remove the salts and ammonia from the urine,and replace them with fresh water, and just spraying them with a cover up leaved the odor cause behind.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

ahh. ok. cool.

I could be wrong (even delusional) but I thought that I read somewhere that a washdown in cat blood negated the odor of cat urine. Might be worth a try?
    ... whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one. (Luke 22:36b NASB)
    FN Herstal FNP-9, FNP-357, Kahr TP45
    Ruger LCP, S&W 22a
    http://revderb.blogspot.com

Gasoline and a match.

You will never get the oder out 100%. In high humidity or if the chair gets wet or damp the smell will come back. Other animals will pick up the oder as well. Good luck and if you find the magic potion let us know.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

VIP Member
    Simple Solution Oxy Solution Cat Stain & Odor Destroyer - Stain & Odor - Cat - PetSmart

I have an 18 old cat who sometimes does not make it to the box. Make sure you clean the area good and then spray the Simple Solution. Let it rest and re-apply if necessary. If the urine got in the stuffing... soak the heck out of it.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    You will never get the oder out 100%. In high humidity or if the chair gets wet or damp the smell will come back. Other animals will pick up the oder as well. Good luck and if you find the magic potion let us know.
    there will be no other animals NEAR it. they arent allowed in the room it will be in from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    Simple Solution Oxy Solution Cat Stain & Odor Destroyer - Stain & Odor - Cat - PetSmart

I have an 18 old cat who sometimes does not make it to the box. Make sure you clean the area good and then spray the Simple Solution. Let it rest and re-apply if necessary. If the urine got in the stuffing... soak the heck out of it.
    it is in the foam, but im really not too worried about that, im jsut gonan take measurements and have a new piece of foam cut. much easier

Spray the leather with vinegar and let the vinegar evaporate naturally. This works for gasoline, cigarette smoke, skunk, etc. If the urine soaked through the leather and into the padding you may not be able to get enough vinegar on it, but its worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Gasoline and a match.
    You're speaking about for the cat, right?

To the OP...good luck.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

haha thanks guys, i got some "natures miracle" from petsmart. . . friend said it worked good so im gonna try that i guess, then see where we stand.. . . .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links