Can't Happen here~~~in the UK???

This is a discussion on Can't Happen here~~~in the UK??? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Ad featuring Angelina Jolie ordered off UK TV (AP) - Yahoo! Movies Now it seems free speech is History in the UK? Now the British ...

Ad featuring Angelina Jolie ordered off UK TV (AP) - Yahoo! Movies

Now it seems free speech is History in the UK? Now the British Government is restricting what there citizens can watch or see on TV.

Are we next??? Can this type of thing happen here?
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

No intentions to hijack your thread but here's another example:

Kingsnorth report reveals shocking police campaign of intimidation against protesters - Britcit

The criminalization of peaceful protest. So, not only free speech, but the right to assemble is also under attack it seems (does the UK have that right?).

IMO, it can definitely happen here - if we let it. Keep up the fight.

A casualty of free speech - UK Politics, UK - The Independent

They've expanded all sorts of laws there. Sound familiar? It should.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Once anyone loses the RTKBA, anything can and will happen after that.
    The first step of removing all rights is disarmament.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    Once anyone loses the RTKBA, anything can and will happen after that.
    The first step of removing all rights is disarmament.
    Most of those people deserve what they are getting, because these ignorant people voted for these clowns... I only feel sorry for those who knew better but will suffer.
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

Quote Originally Posted by CR2008 View Post
    Most of those people deserve what they are getting, because these ignorant people voted for these clowns... I only feel sorry for those who knew better but will suffer.

I hate to point out the obvious, but the same thing *seems* to be happening here?

Not to the same extent, but we are headed that way
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Recently Geert Wilders a Dutch member of Parliament was not allowed to enter England, he made a film called Fitna about Islam. The British Government said that he was a danger to public safety, they were afraid of Muslims rioting. This guy is a Dutch MP....incredible that he was barred from entering another member of the E.U.
    Meanwhile Islamic hate preachers are welcomed in England, guys who are on record as saying that england deserved the subway bombs..etc.
    The U.N. is trying to pass legislation criminalizing the criticism of religion (Islam). I don't think that it could happen here, but it should serve as a reminder of what can happen to an unarmed and silent population. Free speech in Europe is going extinct. I'm Liberal in the sense of being for peoples freedom to do or say what they want, these politicians in Europe are morons.

those who would trade essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Didn't one of our guys say that a while back??
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by PNUT View Post
    I'm Liberal in the sense of being for peoples freedom to do or say what they want, these politicians in Europe are morons.

Hate to burst your bubble but it seems to me your statement is quite contradictory.
    What I see in the U.S. these days is that liberals believe in your right to do or say as you please if it is what they believe. Otherwise be prepared to be attacked in every way.
    I always thought it to be funny, even stupid, when I would hear the 'left' complain that Pres Bush was a fascist or relate his administration to fascism. First off, they have no idea what 'fascism' really is. And if they think there was fascism before, they better 'buckle up'.
    Latest example showing the trend...
    Missouri State Police Think You And I Are Terrorists
    Or maybe this...
    American Thinker: Obama's Civilian National Security Force

Even the 'Fairness Doctrine' / 'Unfairness Doctrine' that many Lib dems would like to put into law would drive this country quickly in that direction.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Quote Originally Posted by snuggles View Post
    No intentions to hijack your thread but here's another example:

Kingsnorth report reveals shocking police campaign of intimidation against protesters - Britcit

The criminalization of peaceful protest. So, not only free speech, but the right to assemble is also under attack it seems (does the UK have that right?).

IMO, it can definitely happen here - if we let it. Keep up the fight.
    I don't think that UK citizens have any rights except what the government "gives them." Maybe they do, and there's always the old English bill of rights, but that also included the right to bear arms... and look where they are now.

I guess its like a monarchy in the sense that you only get the freedoms "granted" to you by mummy government.

Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    those who would trade essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Didn't one of our guys say that a while back??
    Benny Franklin~~~~I believe he was the guy that said that~~~~~or maybe it was Tommy Jefferson
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Great Britian Thinking FOR thier 'subjects'

BBC NEWS | England | Suffolk | Church pays 1,300 to see light

"Climbing on ladders too dangerous to use for changing lightbulbs"

Father Tony Sutch had to call an electriction to change four lightbulbs on the 40 foot high ceiling of St. Benet's Church in Suffolk, England. In the past he paid a local firm $370 (converted to US dollars), which he thought was reasonable. But goverment regulations (EU's "working at height" directive ) now prohibit the workers from using ladders - they now have to erect scaffolding instead. Result: The church now spends $2,450 to have the four lightbulbs changed

"Subjects" of the Crown and the English Goverment are NOT allowed to think for themselves. Guns, knives, ladders, or television.......don't matter.

'We're' too stupid and 'They' know what's best for 'us'. Just ask 'them', they'll tell you.
    (scarasm off)
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    BBC NEWS | England | Suffolk | Church pays 1,300 to see light

"Climbing on ladders too dangerous to use for changing lightbulbs"

Father Tony Sutch had to call an electriction to change four lightbulbs on the 40 foot high ceiling of St. Benet's Church in Suffolk, England. In the past he paid a local firm $370 (converted to US dollars), which he thought was reasonable. But goverment regulations (EU's "working at height" directive ) now prohibit the workers from using ladders - they now have to erect scaffolding instead. Result: The church now spends $2,450 to have the four lightbulbs changed

"Subjects" of the Crown and the English Goverment are NOT allowed to think for themselves. Guns, knives, ladders, or television.......don't matter.

'We're' too stupid and 'They' know what's best for 'us'. Just ask 'them', they'll tell you.
    (scarasm off)
    sheesh? and how long does it now take to change a light bulb? That just went from two hours to 8 hours
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Links