This is why security guards must be armed.

This is a discussion on This is why security guards must be armed. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; LiveLeak.com - Useless security guard plays dead...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VIP Member

CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Must be nice to be able to get paid for being a clothes mannequin and also laying down while "employed".

He was hired as a "Gun-Free Zone" supervisor, and preformed flawlessly.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

An unarmed guard is just a scarecrow. Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed.

How about that.
    Uniformed sheep.
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

VIP Member
    Have too look at where this was as well. I believe Brazil is like most Latin American countries, the average person is not allowed to protect themselves. Even a dirty look is grounds to be arrested and thrown in jail.

Probably only makes .50 an hour. Guess he figured it wasn't worth dying for.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    I did security work for nearly 15 years and have worked both armed and unarmed locations. I preferred to work armed. On one of the unarmed locations I was told by an insurance adjuster that most places have unarmed security so they can get a reduced rate on their liability and fire insurance. They looked at contracted security as cannon fodder who isn't employed by them so what happens to them isn't their concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    I did security work for nearly 15 years and have worked both armed and unarmed locations. I preferred to work armed. On one of the unarmed locations I was told by an insurance adjuster that most places have unarmed security so they can get a reduced rate on their liability and fire insurance. They looked at contracted security as cannon fodder who isn't employed by them so what happens to them isn't their concern.
    I have absolutely no doubt about that! The bean counters look at the guards as cannon fodder. Bottom line is the break they get on the insurance and nothing else!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    The companies I used to work for would contract out unarmed security because the clients were too cheap to pay the extra 10% for armed officers. Unarmed Officers would get to work and the site managers would say, "If you have a gun feel free to put it on."
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

VIP Member
    Truth be told, after seeing some of the people hired to work security at my hotel, the last thing I want is for them to carry a weapon. Their IQ is bad enough they have trouble comprehending basic pencil manipulation much less a gun.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    The companies I used to work for would contract out unarmed security because the clients were too cheap to pay the extra 10% for armed officers. Unarmed Officers would get to work and the site managers would say, "If you have a gun feel free to put it on."
    Sadly enough that probably means risking their jobs (for whatever company they work for and their policies), and possibly their guard licenses as in many states, there is a separate qualification standard and license for being able to be an armed security guard.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Paul is correct, if the sight is contracted as unarmed and the officer works armed he could lose his license (registration), his job, but also be held solely liable in the event of a shooting incident. If there is a shooting the security company will say the sight is unarmed and the client will say they contracted for unarmed. The result is the officer is all alone in a den of wolves (plaintiff's lawyers).

Miggy, I used to train armed officers and I can absolutely agree. I had to train anyone the company sent me and some of those barely passed the written as well as the range course. One even scares me to this day (vicarious liability). It took 5 times through the range for him to fire a successful score (210 out of 300)
    Last edited by Black Knight; March 21st, 2009 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Additional info

Some poor guy, just trying to make a buck. He probably took this job figuring that, odds are, nothing too bad was going to happen. Then, the next thing he knows, he's laying on the floor with some dirtbag standing over him with a gun. Man, that's sad. I know some guys who do unarmed security. Most of the time they're in vehicles patrolling. I guess that's a little bit safer. But still, IMHO....asking a security guard to go unarmed is like asking a rodeo clown to wear a blindfold.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson

"The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth." - Stonewall Jackson

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Why would anyone want to arm a "guard" and yet, criminalize a citizen who is armed and actually intervened on a crime? What makes the "non LEO" guard any more capable of intervening with anything?

Fact is, most guards have less gun experience than a lot of citizens.

I think more citizens need to be armed and actually act upon crime themselves.

People put too much faith in a "uniform".
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links