connections of modern militia groups to racist groups...

This is a discussion on connections of modern militia groups to racist groups... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Why is it that when I type in the words "modern militia" on google, a large portion of the web sites are connected to radicals ...

Thread: connections of modern militia groups to racist groups...

Why is it that when I type in the words "modern militia" on google, a large portion of the web sites are connected to radicals and racists groups? I just came off one site and it left me feeling totally numb, these people are a real threat... they remind me of Timathy Macvay or some other nut job and I keep getting reports that their numbers are growing, including neo nazi groups and KKK groups... and many of them claim to have "christian morality."

Do you believe it's possible that these type of people could cause another domestic terrorist attack like the Oklahoma City bombing? Especially given today's world? This is serious ammo in the hands of people who would love to see a free sociaty die.
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

Yes. Any radical group is a threat against our country. Hate groups of any kind, radical religions, etc are probably more of a threat than al qaeda.

Do I believe that some wack job is capable of an attack like McVeigh, yep.

Is this serious ammo for the anti groups, not really, since he used fertiizer and diesel fuel.

From what I have seen the pictures of the guys in most of these so called militias and the pictures of some ignorant white trash are pretty well interchangable. Are they Christian, no, are they moral, no.

They can claim to be anything they want, but that don't make it so.

One suggestion if you want to find stuff about militia's try to type in State Militia. Texas has one, it is called the Texas State Guard. Home - Texas State Guard
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

I used to live near Caro, MI...Tim McVeigh and his friends hung with a militia group in that area. After McVeigh's attack one of the farms in that area was raided and searched by the FBI, I'm not sure that anything was found.

Militia groups can be composed of over-aged boy scouts with guns, other explosive materials, and some hell-bent ideas about 'getting ready'.

I take it with a grain of salt...these groups are not the terrorist groups that we really have to fear. It's the ones crossing the Southern border with WMD's...OMHOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    One suggestion if you want to find stuff about militia's try to type in State Militia. Texas has one, it is called the Texas State Guard. Home - Texas State Guard
    That's a HUGE WORLD OF DIFFERENCE... It looks like the national guard... professional... like they actually have a genuine purpose. I can understand why the word "militia" has become a 'negative' word, Google the word and you find losers pretending to be Rambo with a swastika.
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Hey, SOMEBODY has to protect our malls!
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mchaley View Post
    Yes. Any radical group is a threat against our country. Hate groups of any kind, radical religions, etc are probably more of a threat than al qaeda.
    What?

OK, there are radicals in all areas but that doesn't mean all militia groups are bad. I've no doubt many of them believe more in our constitution than many of our elected officials in Washington.
    What are you including as 'radical religions? I hope that isn't the Rosie Odonnel line.

Do you believe these people are more of a threat than al qaeda? 'You And I Are Terrorists'
    link: http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/c200..._20090317.html
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

religious radical = someone who calls themselves, for example, Christian and will go blow up buildings because they're abortion clinics.

Religious radical = someone who calls themselves, for example, Muslim and will go blow themselves up in the name of Allah.

Any extremist is dangerous in my opinion. Especially domestic radicals.

there are all kinds of militia out there. there are the small bands of citizens who if someone is dumb enough to invade will harrass and engage them until the army shows up and takes over, there are the organised militias with state or federal funding that get proper training and are better armed, there are the extremist groups who get all the media, and countless others.
    in iraq we had local militias that worked with us some that sat by and protected their own intrests and those that activly opposed us. eventualy we gave a few militias in my units AO more leeway than we did the IA or the IP and we've even performed joint patrols with them that were successful in caputring more HVT's than we ever did on our own. militia's aren't all bad infact many of them are handy to have around.
    "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
    -Winston Churchill
    Every well-bred petty crook knows: the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting.
    -Inara, firefly

Here is another group or "militia" that I support....

The Minuteman Civil Defense Corps

A radical group is not a threat to anything. If you think a radical group is a threat then you want a big government that can squash all the radical groups for you - right? You don't like someone's opinion, so they aren't allowed to have it. That isn't freedom.

Now I don't agree with neo-Nazis or anything, but that doesn't mean they aren't Americans and entitled to their own freedom of thought and religious beliefs, and if they want to call themselves Christians there's no law against that either - neither should there be.

Once an individual breaks the law and does vandalism, assault, murder etc.. to further their political, religious or idealogical views then they become a terrorist.

That's just my opinion on this. I read it and almost didn't say anything, but I thought this needed to be mentioned.

Austin

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Many of the unflattering comments posted in this thread could just as easily be applied to the current administration
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Sponsored Links