What do you do for a living? - Page 7

What do you do for a living?

This is a discussion on What do you do for a living? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Ron my wife is a former LEO. She spent 11 or 12 years on our towns PD. She was the first female patrol officer in ...

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: What do you do for a living?

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Ron my wife is a former LEO. She spent 11 or 12 years on our towns PD. She was the first female patrol officer in our town. She was a real celeberty for a while.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

I spent a few years in a Tungsten Carbide shop running everything from CIP presses to being the entire Engineering Dept ... 70 hr weeks and $9.00 per hour woohoo! Got hired as a CADD Tech with TDOT after the shop closed and spent 7 years there before old back injuries forced me into disability retirement - now I work at gathering dust.
    Jack

Mike1,Our first female officer just made Sergeant.
    We are real proud of her.As you know how much BS
    thay had to put up with back "in the day"

Ron
    Tell her job well done. Yes way too much BS. My wife made Sargent before leaving the force. It was tough sitting on the side lines watching the crap flow and having to let her deal with it. I intervened a couple of times on things but for the most part I knew she could deal with it all. After leaving the Dept she got her EMT certification and played on the ambulance service for a year and then went back to school and got her RN degree and she was the one that turned me on to nursing and led me to my present position.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

I'm a prostitute. I get screwed forty to sixty hours a week, and get paid for it every other friday.

Seriously, I work in sheetmetal fabrication. As you have probably figured out, I dont care for the company. It pays well, and I cant afford to leave, so I stay. Even when I can afford to leave, I'll probably still stay because of my other hobby, hot rodding. The machines at work tend to come in handy, especially since I can buy material from the company at cost.

USMC & USMC/R infantry, worked corrections for Tx a few years,LEO, Private security/Executive Protection, Bouncer,Now I am a registered X-ray Tech. for our local hospital . See a lot of weird stuff coming in to our e.r. I love my new carrer. As i got older it seemed that i needed to find something with alot less stress and a lot more pay.

Zach
    You may not like your job but oh what a wonderful place you live in. I spent a couple of weeks in Asheville on vacation a few years ago. Loved the people and the place.
    Mike
    Thomas Jefferson

I monitor and troubleshoot burglar and personal medical alarms.
    http://www.myspace.com/sgeringer
    SIG SP2009<>XD45 4"<>S&W 638-3<>GLOCK20<>Mossberg Mav88

LEO with 8 more years to go before I hang up my spurs and turn in my ray gun, or what ever the heck we have by then.

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar

Whos' not telling the truth????

Who here is not telling the truth, according to the anti's, at least half if not more of us are moonlighting as drug dealers, knocking off the corner gas stations on the way to work in the mornings or otherwise aspiring criminals.

Sorry, that comes from working in a small office, I have volunteered to become the official office Smart A$$

I spent 8 years in a high speed bottling plant, then got into the electrical business as a distributor and now a mfg rep. I have worked construction building houses, and various other jobs

Nothing exciting, but it pays the bills and keeps me home in the afternoons and weekends to be with the family. as my name says, it says it all.

Hope I didn't offend anyone,
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Assistant Administrator
    Seems to me Mike - we are a pretty fair spread of regular Joes.

I, like you, tend to want to be cynical - regarding how so many anti's see us - the stereotypical (as they would have it) raving looney gun nuts, into all sorts of bad. I guess tho they have to cling to that image to better smear us and try to achieve their control.

All they need to see in fact is for most part, family folks, hard-working and law abiding - who just happen to have taken responsibility for their own well being and safety. I find it real hard to find too much wrong with that!! Nice to be among some pretty good folks eh
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    [QUOTE=P95Carry]Seems to me Mike - we are a pretty fair spread of regular Joes.

I'm not an overy religious man,

But AMEN to that.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Quote Originally Posted by mike_1
    Rick
    Where did you get your waste water training? The reason I ask is our little community college here in town has a great training program. We have students from all over the world come to study here.
    Mike
    San Bernardino Valley College in California.

I'm really impressed with how many Military and Ex Military there are here.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

I musta missed this one: Okay here's a few farmhand, Army MP(95B), custodial and building maintenance work, Security Officer (both in house and out house: If you've done the work you'll know what I mean .) Plus I do some parkerizing work for fun and profit.

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar
    I am a model only took 1 shoot to get that perfect pose with my SS Colt .45

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Sponsored Links