What do you do for a living? - Page 8

What do you do for a living?

This is a discussion on What do you do for a living? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by PatrioticRick I'm really impressed with how many Military and Ex Military there are here. Maybe that's why we have such a mature ...

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticRick
    I'm really impressed with how many Military and Ex Military there are here.
    Maybe that's why we have such a mature stable forum.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Oh yeah, we got a monkey with a gun ... THAT'S stable???

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean3
    Oh yeah, we got a monkey with a gun ... THAT'S stable??? :scratch:
    There is a monkey here???? Where?? I haven't been on a good monkey hunt in quite some time. Damn monkeys always hanging around and scratching themselves.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean3
    Oh yeah, we got a monkey with a gun ... THAT'S stable???
    Didn't say all of us! Just the military/ex-military, we have Monkeyboy under close watch.....
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Quote Originally Posted by 4my son
    Who here is not telling the truth, according to the anti's, at least half if not more of us are moonlighting as drug dealers, knocking off the corner gas stations on the way to work in the mornings or otherwise aspiring criminals.

It's the truth! I'm an EMT and I ALWAYS take the patient's wallet while they are bleeding on my stretcher!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

the worst thing I have ever done was cut a bikers leather jacket after he laid his bike down and stuck a peg through his chest. He had a hole big enough to stick a broom handle in that was causing a pnuemothorax. he told be between agonal breaths that he would kill me if I cut it. I guess in this case better me than him. he came by the station a few weeks after that and thanked me for not listening to him

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    curator for a private trust museum

painting restoration - I also just started painting again ~

In addition I make "neat things" ~ mostly knife & gun related.

I've had an interesting, varied, diverse, & modestly adventurous past.

right now...I am in the process of allowing my "Home" to totally devour my bank account & my wallet with endless and expensive restoration & repair.
    QK: Curator for a private trust museum: My dream career! Get paid to manage and acquire lots of expensive art with someone elses money!!! YAAAAAAAA HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by soflasmg
    I'm a laxative salesman.

Really.
    So that explains your nom de plume!

I'll fess up here. CPA for 30 years. A tax guy. A "nerd" without a pocket protector or those cool HP engineering calculators. Corporate tax consulting now. Spent 25 years with that huge brand X firm that is in the news (bad) with the IRS and in public litigation. Now my own deal, at home and at clients only. Simple life. No hobbies other than guns (new and exciting!) and bird watching, three dogs, and a loving wife that likes guns, and wants one of everything that goes boom!

Jee wizz all these neat jobs and Im just a boring local truck driver.

Sixgun: Yea....BUT.........you have guns! Noticed you have a Skyy CPX-1- like it so far? How much range time with it?
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; March 4th, 2006 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4my son
    Who here is not telling the truth, according to the anti's, at least half if not more of us are moonlighting as drug dealers, knocking off the corner gas stations on the way to work in the mornings or otherwise aspiring criminals.

Sorry, that comes from working in a small office, I have volunteered to become the official office Smart A$$

I spent 8 years in a high speed bottling plant, then got into the electrical business as a distributor and now a mfg rep. I have worked construction building houses, and various other jobs

Nothing exciting, but it pays the bills and keeps me home in the afternoons and weekends to be with the family. as my name says, it says it all.

Hope I didn't offend anyone,
    Naaaaaaa We're all just gonna line up and give you a ,, Besides....nuthin wrong with being the office smarta** LOL
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Let's see did the service station job as a young teen. Lied about my age and hopped a riverboat as a deckhand. Two years of that, worked for Massey-Ferguson as a mechanic (lots of good schools) for two years. Then back to the riverboat company and worked my way up to Asst. Port Eng. (six years in Ark. Army Nat. Guard) After six years of that went to work on sea-going tugs as Engineer working in the Gulf of Mexico,alot in South Amercia. After twelve years there , I went to work in Oregon as a Asst.Eng. on a sea-going tug, working the west coast and Hi. islands been there thirteen years. Beat up old Merchant Seaman.

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    Well I've done a few things in my life. I started out as a forestry graduate and worked in plant maintenance and plant management in wood using industries, mainly pre-fab housing. Then I did plant management and construction for an animal feed ingredient company. From there I worked for myself consulting and installing industrial combustion equipment. That led to work for a client that made metal furnishings for several industries including convenience stores. From there I started my own small construction company and built stores for multi-site retailers. That brought me to Florida where I went back to school and became a registered nurse. Now I teach nursing students part time. Oh yeah, and I shoot as often as possible.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    I am a Federal navigation protection officer. The right of navigation in Canada is a federal responsibility and written into our charter. I often joke that American’s got the right to carry guns and we got the right to carry paddles, wish we got both…

I set the clearance on bridges, aerial cables, size of docks, marinas, and the removal of wrecks and obstructions.

It’s a great job and my area is the Northern 2/3rds of British Columbia, Queen Charlotte islands and the Yukon. I love working up North, less BS and far more common sense.

I often walk new logging road alignments to look at bridge sites, as I am in Griz country I carry a Mossberg 500 with slugs and bear spray. Been stalked a few times but never charged (yet)

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Links