What do you do for a living?

This is a discussion on What do you do for a living? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It is obvious that all of us here come from very diverse backgrounds. I was just wondering what different types of things we all do ...

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you do for a living?

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar

What do you do for a living?

It is obvious that all of us here come from very diverse
    backgrounds. I was just wondering what different types of things we all do to make a living? As for myself I worked in the auto body repair business for 20 years. Grew very tired and burnt out with it. Sold off the business and returned to College. I now have a degree in Nursing and working in surgery. Becoming an RN was a wonderful choice for me.
    My Wife and I also have a side business doing Stained Glass. That started as a hobby and grew from there. I also do a little photography on the side. An occasional wedding and have had some pictures published in a magazine. So let me hear from the rest of you. Lets see how we put the bread on the table and guns in the safe.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

I'm a repair tech Sorry cant say to much more than that

1952 - 2006
    I work security for The Las Vegas Hilton.

A few other things on the side.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

I work as a Aircraft Avionic electrican for Columbia aircraft corp. I install wiring for GPS systems and Storm XM watchers. Im going to be going back to school next fall and taking some criminal justice classes and getting my armed security rating. Hoping to become a cop one day. But in the meantime im looking for a job with a armord transport company.
    I carry because I care.
    "An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."
    "Cling to the Father and His Holy name, and don't go riding on the Long Black Train" - Josh Turner

Hey Mike,

Were neighbors, well we both atleast live in Missouri.

The stained glass thing sounds very cool.

I'm in the communications business and own my own company, I also enjoy building motorcycles for myself and selling some but haven't in the last couple of years. I'm into the muscle car thing right now but only seem to spend and not make as I have with building bikes. Not much time anymore for to much side stuff but once was into quite a few things to bring home the bacon.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Ti
    Getting to be more and more of us from Missouri on here. My son in law and daughter are still into the cars real heavy. Been building tuner cars and doing very well at the shows. They have built two cars that were given to them by GM. Been on display at GM corporate office and at SEMA the last few years. So I guess the car thing just runs in our family.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

acparmed
    I am going to be in your neck of the woods the end of March first of April. Going to a conference and trade show in Vegas.
    Mike
    Thomas Jefferson

i make things cold. http://BighornRefrigeration.com

Looks like there are a lot of us that work with our hands here.
    Mike
    Thomas Jefferson

Assistant Administrator
    Darned if I can remember a link but I am sure we did this months ago - no sweat tho - lots of new faces here. I'll try and give the ''potted version!!

1963 thru 1967 - trained as osteopath in UK - practiced till 1974 when back became too much trouble (don't laugh!). Numerous stuff for ages - sorta experimenting! Selling, radio station, back to run osteo clinic for 2 years then set up own as a general ''fix it'' fella.

Slid into engineering one way and another - much hands on - and then at grand age of 47 in '92 went back to study - 1995 came out of Uni with 2.1 Eng. Systems degree. Did R&D, prototyping for a while but drifted into puter work - mostly intranet and then internet web and data conversion. Slid over here in 2000, sold up UK stuff, started gun collection all over again with some of proceeds!!

Pretty much where I am now but call self semi-retired so work some, play some - and bug the hell outa folks on boards cos I am always around so much
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

proffesional poker player. thats what got me into ccw, carry a lot of cash most times late at night.

EMT with Bladen County EMS, southeast NC. Love the work but Lord the stress level can get high!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Educator, specializing in secondary mathematics instruction.

I have a lot of respect for Educators, Euclidean, and boy could I use some math tutoring!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

I program and support automated digital inspection systems for a medical device manufacturer. I make sure that when you get a catheter in your heart, it doesn't pop and cause an aneurysm in your brain.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Links